Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Diesel Tug-of-war gone bad!

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
    I already promised the track manager at NED that I would tow it up there on a Friday and give it a shot. EVERYONE will have more power....hoping low gear helps me out.

So is it gonna be a 150 or 300 shot? I have you quoted so you cant let us down.......

Comment

I don't know...
      We once blew a rear end in Brainerd....it shattered the input shaft like glass, caused the engine to go to 10,000rpm and smacked few valves. To add insult to injury..we won that round, Darryl Hitchman smoked the tires...Try as we did to replace the clutch, the rearend, the engine.....we ran out of time......I'll live with that one forever...I didn't want to be caught with a wrench instead of a ratchet when time was up that time!
      That was in the semi's too...
      Originally posted by TC
      also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

sorry but only a red neck goes back to film the spots were a tire dug in.... :D

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
          I was most impressed by the powerstroke truck.

It sounded like it was running on at least 5 cylinders when it was done, which is generally better than when they were brand new!!
          Thanks Scott - I needed that ....

I think these are fun to watch - on asphalt - but if I EVER try this with my truck - I want one of you guys to bitch slap some sense into me!
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351
            Originally posted by dieselgeek
            I was most impressed by the powerstroke truck.

It sounded like it was running on at least 5 cylinders when it was done, which is generally better than when they were brand new!!
            Thanks Scott - I needed that ....

I think these are fun to watch - on asphalt - but if I EVER try this with my truck - I want one of you guys to bitch slap some sense into me!
            Or at least be there to film it ... LOL
            Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Working...
            X