• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Class Reunions

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
    Originally posted by Rebeldryver
    I feel for those whose hs time sucked.
    Me too.

I was a crappy athlete but played soccer through HS. I wasn't all that good a trombone player but played all through HS. I wasn't all that smart but pulled gentleman C's through the classes I sucked at.

I got a wild hair across my ass at the end of Sophmore year and ran for class VP. I was the guy that knew everyone and "crossed party lines" so to speak because I was an "athlete" and also was in the band.

I beat the hottest girl in school...and this girl (now woman) still lives in town and is a mom, but is still a bombshell.

At the end of Jr. year I ran for class President and won. That means I am kind of in charge of the whole reunion deal and that was the "platform" I ran on Senior year. It was a life election as opposed to year to year.

Anyway Scott, I am with you. I also feel bad for anyone who had a crap time at HS and I TOTALLY understand anyone who is "over it" and has moved on with their life.

To each their own, but I love the reunion stuff.

Brian
    Especially, since I don't look like this anymore and all my hs buddies do, but with less hair. haha.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I didn't finish High School, got too bored with the same old stuff over and over. Quit and joined the Army in my senior year. I was a straight A student, not into the 'normal' sports, went for archery, golf and tennis along with drafting, welding, and shop. There were 7 of us that hung out together building cars, getting drunk, chasing girls and one was my little brother. We all lived in the same neighborhood and had been friends for years. I've never got an invite but would probably just laugh and shitcan it.

Comment

Just recently went to my 20th reunion. Like Scott and Brian, I crossed party lines. I played football throughout high school, had Mullet type hair, liked heavy metal, my mode of dress varied to what I felt like wearing that day, and worked on cars and bikes. My experience was pretty good. I've since made friends with people I couldn't stand in high school, and haven't seen some I considered good friends since the day I graduated. Although I understand why some of you don't want to go, you may be surprised at what you will see if you do go. Time heals alot of wounds and that "asshole" you couldn't stand in high school may be one of the nicest people in the world now.

Comment

Working...
        X