• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70chevyC-10
    replied
    Re: I need your help once again

Bucky67 is (now) a civilian contractor for maintaining Apache's -
    Oletrux4ever flew choppers in Nam - now flies a corporate jet -
    Either one of them might have a source or a lead of what you're after.

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied

Keith flew choppers didn't he??? But he's on the road to Loring I believe.

There's an airforce base in Indiana - not sure if they have choppers there though- that's where my friends refueling wing is out of - he's taking me up on a "civilian flight" to see the refueling in person - can't wait, but unfortunately a short week later - he's being shipped off to Turkey for another 3 months - just as his kids go back to school.

Leave a comment:

• A/Fuel
    replied

Originally posted by Caveman
    I can't remember the names, but I remember at least 2-3 aviation 'recyclers' in Tucson just south or east of D-M AFB.

I'm sure they're on the net. I'd look it up for you, but I'm 'bout to faceplant into the keyboard I'm so tired. I nodded off halfway through typin' that.
    I hear ya....I'm only awake cause of coors light, and miliey ciruis...(kids are kicking my ass tonight.....)

Leave a comment:

• Caveman
    Guest replied

I can't remember the names, but I remember at least 2-3 aviation 'recyclers' in Tucson just south or east of D-M AFB.

I'm sure they're on the net. I'd look it up for you, but I'm 'bout to faceplant into the keyboard I'm so tired. I nodded off halfway through typin' that.

Leave a comment:

• A/Fuel
    replied

I type slow....I'm sending you a PM.

Leave a comment:

• Brian Lohnes
    replied

In theory, yes. They may actually need a hand in the booth that weekend and I may take them up on it.

Even if I don't do that, I may be able to haul ass down on Friday night because it is a Sat/Sun deal, right?

Robin running that weekend?

Leave a comment:

• A/Fuel
    replied

Thanks a hell of a lot...
    For some reason, I still keep looking for my notes, I should realize they are gone...
    I have some tuesday phone calls to make, but thanks...
    I had U.S. Navy part numbers....It was a big winter project for me. I spent the morning Googling, drinking coffee, and walking in circles, dead tired from the day before.
    The part number is what I miss the most.....

Brian....do you think you could make it to the Budd'sCreek, Maryland IHRA race?

Leave a comment:

• Brian Lohnes
    replied

I'm supposed to be writing the blog! :D

Leave a comment:

• tedly
    replied

Wow. :o 8 minutes from original post to the first answer.

Leave a comment:

• Brian Lohnes
    replied

Scott, here is the number to the Frederick Municipal Airport, Frederick, MD.

(301) 600-2201‎

Call there tomorrow and I bet they'll be able to hook you up. I found a reference to Frederick Aviation Salvage, but no phone ##

Leave a comment:

• Brian Lohnes
    replied

Here's a list to start with...

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied

*chirp* *chirp*

Actually I wouldn't put anything past this group. I'll actually be surprised if you don't have an answer by the end of the week. Unfortunately I got nothing but moral support

Leave a comment:

• A/Fuel
    started a topic I need your help once again

I need your help once again

I'm sure I'm going to hear crickets on this one...
    Long story short...I once had a Bell Chinook starter motor, and lost all my notes...I remember a a helicopter scrap yard in Maryland that I finally traced down that had parts.
    The company I'm dealing with now wants $800 for an armature, this guy would sell me the whole motor for $300....
    I've googled like crazy and torn the house apart, and can't find the number. Anyone in that area know of a helicopter scrap yard.....a name, a number, anything?
    I don't have a helicopter....
    Fredrick.....maybe....I'm going on distant memory here.
Working...
X