I need your help once again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need your help once again

I'm sure I'm going to hear crickets on this one...
    Long story short...I once had a Bell Chinook starter motor, and lost all my notes...I remember a a helicopter scrap yard in Maryland that I finally traced down that had parts.
    The company I'm dealing with now wants $800 for an armature, this guy would sell me the whole motor for $300....
    I've googled like crazy and torn the house apart, and can't find the number. Anyone in that area know of a helicopter scrap yard.....a name, a number, anything?
    I don't have a helicopter....
    Fredrick.....maybe....I'm going on distant memory here.
    Originally posted by TC
    also boost will make the cam act smaller

Re: I need your help once again

*chirp* *chirp*

Actually I wouldn't put anything past this group. I'll actually be surprised if you don't have an answer by the end of the week. Unfortunately I got nothing but moral support
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Here's a list to start with...

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Scott, here is the number to the Frederick Municipal Airport, Frederick, MD.

(301) 600-2201‎

Call there tomorrow and I bet they'll be able to hook you up. I found a reference to Frederick Aviation Salvage, but no phone ##

Comment

Wow. :o 8 minutes from original post to the first answer.
          I'm probably wrong

Comment

I'm supposed to be writing the blog! :D

Comment

Thanks a hell of a lot...
              For some reason, I still keep looking for my notes, I should realize they are gone...
              I have some tuesday phone calls to make, but thanks...
              I had U.S. Navy part numbers....It was a big winter project for me. I spent the morning Googling, drinking coffee, and walking in circles, dead tired from the day before.
              The part number is what I miss the most.....

Brian....do you think you could make it to the Budd'sCreek, Maryland IHRA race?
              Originally posted by TC

Comment

In theory, yes. They may actually need a hand in the booth that weekend and I may take them up on it.

Even if I don't do that, I may be able to haul ass down on Friday night because it is a Sat/Sun deal, right?

Robin running that weekend?

Comment

I type slow....I'm sending you a PM.
                  Originally posted by TC

Comment

I can't remember the names, but I remember at least 2-3 aviation 'recyclers' in Tucson just south or east of D-M AFB.

I'm sure they're on the net. I'd look it up for you, but I'm 'bout to faceplant into the keyboard I'm so tired. I nodded off halfway through typin' that.

Comment

Originally posted by Caveman
                      I can't remember the names, but I remember at least 2-3 aviation 'recyclers' in Tucson just south or east of D-M AFB.

I'm sure they're on the net. I'd look it up for you, but I'm 'bout to faceplant into the keyboard I'm so tired. I nodded off halfway through typin' that.
                      I hear ya....I'm only awake cause of coors light, and miliey ciruis...(kids are kicking my ass tonight.....)
                      Originally posted by TC

Comment

Keith flew choppers didn't he??? But he's on the road to Loring I believe.

There's an airforce base in Indiana - not sure if they have choppers there though- that's where my friends refueling wing is out of - he's taking me up on a "civilian flight" to see the refueling in person - can't wait, but unfortunately a short week later - he's being shipped off to Turkey for another 3 months - just as his kids go back to school.
                        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Bucky67 is (now) a civilian contractor for maintaining Apache's -
                          Oletrux4ever flew choppers in Nam - now flies a corporate jet -
                          Either one of them might have a source or a lead of what you're after.
                          Phil / Omaha

Comment

Working...
                          X