Where are you going to retire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where are you going to retire?

Any place that gets snow would be off my list.

I love Colorado, but still have memories of throwing newspapers as a kid during snowstorms. Ugh. Also lived in Springfield South Dakota, right on the Nebraska border. Colder than hell in the winter, hot and humid in the summer.

I think I'll stick with hot and dry in the California central valley. Dragstrip 15 minutes from the house, 3 road courses within 4 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
      I wanna go back to the midwest. Omaha, maybe. Or, Kansas City area. Maybe, right on the Lake of the Ozarks.
      My neighbor is building a house on that lake (he says they're almost done), they've been spending summers in MO, and winters here where it's warm.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I'm a few weeks shy of 29 so it's a long way off for me, but any ware I can race year round. Or Put in Bay, and live the party that place is sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Anderson
          I'm a few weeks shy of 29 so it's a long way off for me, but any ware I can race year round. Or Put in Bay, and live the party that place is sweet.
          Shawn - get a boat! a big one you can live on - no property taxes. Put in bay in the summer, florida keys or wherever you wish in the winter. Maintenance and fuel costs aint cheap.
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I'm going to retire in either East Texas out in the Big Thicket, Colorado Springs area, or go to India if the standard of healthcare and property expenses have come into reason.

Reason for India is my wife is from there and even after she becomes a US citizen we both still have basically greencards for over there and there is lots of family. Bad part is over there the only options you get on even a new car is paint colour, fuel type, and what kind of stereo. Be a lot of fabricating (which is cheap and lots of highly skilled people) and customizing to even mildly improve a car. Cars are a new thing, most people still ride motorcycles or scooters if they have powered personal transportation at all.
            Central TEXAS Sleeper
            USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Re-what? If I ever get to retire, or if Mrs 455 finally throws me to the curb, I will move back to Colorado. The humidity here is tough on arthritis and all my metal pieces parts.
              Busted down to regular Bangshifter

Comment

Colorado?

There's too much snow skiing temptation for you there man - you need to move AWAY from the mountains so you don't add any more metal pieces parts! :D
                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351
                  Colorado?

There's too much snow skiing temptation for you there man - you need to move AWAY from the mountains so you don't add any more metal pieces parts! :D
                  The Mrs. says; "Sure, go ahead and ski again, just don't come home." Essentially kicking me to the curb. Even after the last mishap, it's going to be hard to admit it's over. It's the stubborn Swede in me.
                  Busted down to regular Bangshifter

Comment

Originally posted by milner351
                    Scott - that surprises me to hear with all the connections you have in SoCal - the traffic and the cost of living getting to you?

Midwest - Nebraska - that's funny. Growing up in Chicagoland - I think of Nebraska as part of the plains states, interested how perspectives are different based on where you grow up.

There's something to be said for living where you can afford a nice chunk of ground, but there are down sides to that as well - like 30 minute drives to get groceries. Atleast summit, rockauto, jegs, and the like all ship quick!
                    I didn't move tp Cali by choice. The main reason I still live here is because my mother is not young anymore and my sister lives in Maryland. And, connections will not help me buy a house that costs more than $500k for a dump in a crap neighborhood.
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I already live in a place that lots of people come to retire. So I will be staying here. I've been all around this great country and I haven't found a better place to live than here. The cost of living here is majorly cheap, if you are coming form a place like Jersey, you could sell you house there and come out here and buy a house that is 3 times bigger for less money. Also we have NO major natural disasters, worst thing that happens is a little dust gets stirred up. And except of about 2 months of the year, the temperatures here are to die for. Phoenix is definitely a HotRodders and Bikers paradise as you can drive/ride year round. Then comes the recreational part, Arizona has more shoreline than the whole west coast, there are at least 7 lakes that are with in an hour of Phoenix for water type sports, not to mention some communities here have water skiing lakes for the residents. You can drive 2 hours north to FlagStaff or 4 hours to ShowLow and go skiing, not to mention all those areas have some really good Lakes for Bass, Trout, Walleye, Etc...... We have multiple dirtbike tracks not to mention all the desert you can offroad in, plus we have two 1/4 miles Drag tracks and a few Circle Tracks that have Major events at them all the time. There are also many car shows and events going on almost every day of the week. And a Major Plus is our cars don't rust. ;) And that's just scraping the surface of what Arizona has to offer, the history here is legendary and we have some of the most beautiful landscape around.

Ya Born here and will stay here, I love this place!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X