Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How about some photography tips?

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10
    I couldn't believe my passport renewal is going to be $140.00 - it was about $40-$50.00 when I got it 10 years ago I think.
    :o Really? You're not on some watch list are you? :P I'll have to ask my boss how much his was, the company mandated a lot of us to have passports (HQ in Canada), they paid for them.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Watch list - nah - they'd be bored to death watching me.....

Full passport = $140.00 and the
      short passport (Canada/Mexico/Bahamas, etc.) = $110.00
      +$15.00 if you want them to shoot the photos
      (they didn't like ones I took in initially since I had a Broncos logo on it, probably offended some horses ass elsewhere overseas)

How to apply for or renew your U.S. passport if you live in United States
      Phil / Omaha

Comment

I had a canon point and shoot that I paid $150 for. I think I took some of my best photos with it:

When that camera died, my wife went out and bought a Nikon D80. I think I've taken some nice photos with it, but I feel like I take a lot more bad ones than I did with the cheap point and shoot:

Every once in a while, when I get frustrated with the camera that I'm not smart enough to use, I have to fight the urge to go out and buy another cheap one.
        6 in a row, makes it go!!
        My Car

Comment

Those are awesome! I love the one of the Chevy truck.
          Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

63, I like all of those.....

I felt the same way at first, but the more i shoot, the more the percentage of good shot goes up...still working on great yet.

Reading , Pa
            Good Guys rodders rep.
            "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
            Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

thanks.

Here is a link to some panoramic/vrml shots I took:
              My Car

Comment

Originally posted by chevy3100
                That passport thing is kind of a pain (damn US government ;) I had to finally get one last year to go to Vegas....

I grew up in Abbotsford, and I'm glad to see the show is back on the right track. We used to go every year when I was a kid, we'd take my grandfather's motorhome & hang out for a day. This was during the heyday of the show back in the late 80's early 90's before that airport was used for any passenger flights. (cargo and private planes only during those days)

It really got rough for them in the late 90's early 2000's and they actually had to cancel it one year, then went on every second year, now it's back to every year.

I always liked the Blue Angels & THunderbirds the best. The good old Snowbirds are entertaining, but they just don't have the raw speed & sound of the "big guys".

Years ago, before they made the flight space so much smaller, all of the planes would fly over town & you could sit on damn near any rooftop and watch part of the show. Now it is mostly confined to the airport grounds & the farms around it. A friend of mine lives across the street from the airport, maybe I'll hit him up and see if he is having a BBQ on one of those days again.
                I know this is pulling this thread a bit off topic, but I used to go nearly every summer in the 80s and 90s with my dad and my brother. I am so glad he took us, otherwise I would have missed some of the coolest airshows in history. Most memorable was 1991 when the Russians came in full force just before the fall of the Soviet Union. On one end of the tarmac there were giant Antanovs and then Mig-29s and SU-27s. Walking down the tarmac further past F-111s, F-14s, F-15s, A-6s, etc...most of the types no longer in service. And finally, way in the back infront of a hanger was an F-117 surrounded by security personal who were carrying fully locked and loaded M-16s. A show like that, with that atmosphere will never happen again.

Of course, my brother and I only truely recall a lot of walking in the hot sun and not getting a real good look at the flying. So, when we returned in 2008, we did it in style by staying in the executive club chalet with an open bar and a personal waitress. We were never without a drink. We were able to just sit back, relax and take pictures. Abottsford will always have a special place in my heart.
                1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
                1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by Gary 351C

Thanks - I think I took about 50 pics of the truck that night and that's the only one I really liked. I was messing with a bunch of different settings. The nice thing about digital is that it you don't have to pay for them to be developed, so I take a ton of pics. When taking pics, I usually take 2 or 3 shots, in case the 1st one isn't in focus. It takes longer to go through all of them, but it's better than not having a good shot of something b/c the camera wasn't in focus.
                  My Car

Comment

Originally posted by 63ChevyII.com
                    Originally posted by Gary 351C

Thanks - I think I took about 50 pics of the truck that night and that's the only one I really liked. I was messing with a bunch of different settings. The nice thing about digital is that it you don't have to pay for them to be developed, so I take a ton of pics. When taking pics, I usually take 2 or 3 shots, in case the 1st one isn't in focus. It takes longer to go through all of them, but it's better than not having a good shot of something b/c the camera wasn't in focus.
                    The cheap point and shoot versus settings noone uses..

I went through that too. I still have a tiny nikon..

my only pro lacking frustration is iso deep enough for dark and manual focus... that was had cheap with 35mm once upon a time.
                    the 3mp chips interpolated after 2000 or so is still on my mind... that means there is million of fakers out there.. that means that point and shoot you liked could have been the better one after all, for real. :

I wait for used dslr.. the ninnies in the camera world do offer stuff up cheap.

"keep paying big morons- I'll buy the hand me downs."
                    Previously boxer3main
                    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
                    X