C-17 down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C-17 down

I hate reading about the latest and greatest or most expensive going down. I was lucky to see some of these with hours in the single digits...brand spanking new in the 90s.

made a kc135e seem like diarhea. :

Condition of crew is unkown, a hint indicated they all deceased, four of them...

the last crash at its location was while I was in service, it was an awacs jet sucking on geese. Crashes of similar planes raise flags for all of them, as the process goes.

RIP if gone.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Re: C-17 down

This sounds eerily familiar, the Fairchild B-52 crash. I'm wondering if something similar happened. If that ball of flame is true, then deep in my gut I know what happened to that crew.

Rest in peace, men..
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Today military transport planes have flight data & cockpit recorders, so they will be able to find out what happened
      So. Central PA
      Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

I was in Elmendorf just after the AWACS crash...very very sad...this a a shame..RIP to the crew and good luck to the maintenace men who are going thru hell right now....
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY2
          I was in Elmendorf just after the AWACS crash...very very sad...this a a shame..RIP to the crew and good luck to the maintenace men who are going thru hell right now....
          definately aircrew pushing boundaries. It is a young plane, I wonder what this sacrifice immortalizes in the stunt book of things not to do.

even the c130 went through these phases of growing. :

as of now they are deceased, but no real integrity written.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

My heart goes out to the families, the 4 young men are in God's house now..... Rest In Peace....

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
            1966 Plymouth Fury III
            2014 Dodge Ram 1500
            Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
            Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main
              Originally posted by JOES66FURY2
              definately aircrew pushing boundaries. It is a young plane, I wonder what this sacrifice immortalizes in the stunt book of things not to do.

even the c130 went through these phases of growing. :

as of now they are deceased, but no real integrity written.

in english please? are you simply trying to say that they were practicing for an airshow and may have push the aircraft a little too far?
              what the hell does "no real integrity written" mean...

does everything have to poetic ramblings? cant you just write in english so we can understand WTF you are talking about...
              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Brother in law(Velvan Webb) going to Elmendorf this summer for his new AF job, moving from Tokyo.
                Sorry to hear of a loss of these guys.

Comment

God Speed!
                  Reading , Pa
                  Good Guys rodders rep.
                  "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                  Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Working...
                  X