Turk turned the trick!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turk turned the trick!

Our man Keith is the only dude in the world who can claim membership in SIX 200mph clubs. He wheeled the Hot Rod Spcl. to a 205 mph easy lap this morning to put himself in the Loring club.

Writing the story and doing the photos now....great day at the track. Freiburger took the car to 213mph and Tonya ended the day with a 175mph "warm up" pass. She's going to let it ride in the AM to become the third of the three people to make the 200 mph club at Loring.

Dave Matty and I also made an interesting observation about the quality of Champion racing spark plugs while swapping them in the 572. More to follow. A great day in Maine....I have a massive sun burn and we ended the night at a Bitchin' tractor pull.

As Keith would say...LIFE ROCKS

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Re: Turk turned the trick!

Bust out the Early Times and hammer out some blogs man! Or make Chad do it! ;D
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Only 205 mph? Was he still drinking his morning Diet Coke at the same time?
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

That's cool!
        Originally posted by TC
        also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
          He just wanted to shake the car out and make sure there was a car left for Tonya and DF. Tonya needs her 200mph lap and then it is on....better gear, smaller pulley....hopefully big numbers.

Fast car of the meet is 218mph right now. That ol' Camaro was within 5mph of it and by all accounts is running lazy.

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
            Originally posted by Rebeldryver
            He just wanted to shake the car out and make sure there was a car left for Tonya and DF. Tonya needs her 200mph lap and then it is on....better gear, smaller pulley....hopefully big numbers.

Fast car of the meet is 218mph right now. That ol' Camaro was within 5mph of it and by all accounts is running lazy.

Brian
            I've been feeling the need for speed lately. I'll need an incar video of it on a run in order not to do something here that will land me in jail.

When is Keith gonna stuff you into the car to get your hat? Hell, I saw Rob Kinnan fit in there, you can. Getting him out certainly wasn't pretty, though.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I dunno man....I got to sit in it when we rolled it out of the trailer on Thursday. It is SNUG in there.

It is a neat car to hang out with and help on. Steve (Rightpedal) and I made the plastic lip for the front air dam on Thursday and really only botched the job twice before nailing it.

I'm happy for Turk because this was a big goal of his and he made it...fun to say I was in the push truck when he launched off.

Brian

Comment

That's funny. I help make the plastic lip and install the airdam when Chad went backwards. It was the day I hung out with Turk.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

You're doing it wrong! ;D

Comment

That's pretty awesome, great accomplishment for a great guy.
                    sigpic

Comment

SWEEEEEEEET
                      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

congratulations

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                          Our man Keith is the only dude in the world who can claim membership in SIX 200mph clubs.
                          That guy gets around! Congrats KT

Yeah, it is a neat car to hang around and work on, probably because it's a great group of people to hang around....they definitely make you feel welcome

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Congratulations, Keith!

Comment

That's free advertising!!! That's the best kind.

And you had an active role, makes it even better. ;D

Comment

Working...
                              X