Need some rational thinking.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need some rational thinking.......

Just sitting here reading all these replies. And about what Reb said. I think this may warrant a call to corporate. They might get something done for you and then I'd contact the news, as someone else suggested if nothing comes of it.

Comment

Wow! Went to bed and wake up to find all these good posts. Thanks everyone. I have run real soon but to answer a question that seemed to come up. Yes, we bought it brand new. Had like 10 miles on it.

Rebel - you are reading my mind. My "unprofessional" opinion on this the whole time has been that it's an electrical issue. Probably a ground. We mentioned that to sales manager and he just changed the subject. Guess I'm not certified enough! Oh yeah, I don't even understand the dash lights. ;)

Littlegreen - I checked the internet and this is a pretty common problem with a lot of Equinox's of that age and no one seems to have a solution.

Impalarod - The water leak is in the front of the vehicle. I'll check the back though. I noticed that is a common problem with the Equinox.

I'll keep ya'll posted. Thanks again.

Comment

Suddenly I feel a lot better about the situations I've seen with GM products. '99 Blazer went in 11 times in a one-year period with everything from sticking throttle to an exploding water pump (I had two witnesses come with me to the dealership so they knew I wasn't joking). When the spindles snapped, one of the bay guys (a dude I used to match-race with) put it back together. I drove home with the Ram that night... : (pure innocent)

The Regal just got done with $2,700 of repairs...turn signal switch, new shifter, front-end stuff. Except for the switch, most of it was because of my driving, so I can live with the cost. Only time that car surprised me was when I thought the supercharger let go and clear fluid was dripping down the block...

Nope. I didn't see the 11.5 lb. RAT the car's belt tensioner had tried to eat.:o

You don't know how much shit I get at that dealership now...I have the drag-racing carnivourous Regal GS..
        Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

there's a broadcaster here in Detroit that loves to put crooks into the "hall of shame"

it's pretty cool watching these guys get busted - about like the guy from Florida I think it was that busted the group of jiffy lubes charging for work that was not being done.

I think it's worth your time to contact an attorney or at least go to your states website and investigate your lemon law guidelines.

We (I work at Ford) as OEM's need to realize more completely how critically important our dealers are to our customers -- it doesn't matter how much we change as a company - if our dealers don't treat customers well - we all loose!

I wish I had a silver bullet for you - perhaps contact the extended warranty company to see if they have another dealer in the area to suggest?
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Well the saga continues......just on the HHR now. The paint was damaged on the front bumper when I bought it. The dealer agreed to fix it when I bought it. They have tried to use the used car touch up guy to fix it twice with horrible results. Finally got them to put in the dealer body shop. Should be good now right? No where close!! It still has some of the old damage showing through (pitting), has paint lifting in the corners, sanding scratches everywhere, and a big spot where the metallic floated and looks BAD. I went back yesterday and complained. Now they are just buying me a whole new bumper cover. Let's hope they get that right. I just don't understand. :

The wife's car has been doing good surprisingly. We are just building amo for a really fine letter to some GM higher ups. I'm so tired of dealing with all of this.

Comment

Working...
            X