Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What 7 liters of bigblock does to a Fairlane around Nurburgring..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What 7 liters of bigblock does to a Fairlane around Nurburgring..

Team Classic Driver wins the 300-kilometer race on the famous "Nordschleife" in the GTP class.Drivers Fred and Barney can be seen with their giant 427 Ford F...

.Enjoy... :D

Re: What 7 liters of bigblock does to a Fairlane around Nurburgring..

I did....every second of it! Thanks, Arild! ;D
    President, Wicked Rides Poland

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...eau-Club-Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by Blazerteam
      Team Classic Driver wins the 300-kilometer race on the famous "Nordschleife" in the GTP class.Drivers Fred and Barney can be seen with their giant 427 Ford F...

.Enjoy... :D
      Awesome.
      Must be the fastest car in that race, he could run in circles around the other competitors, even around the old NASCAR Galaxie we were driving on ice with ;D
      http://www.youtube.com/Jobergg

Comment

Sweet mother of blessed acceleration - don't fail me now!

Great googlie mooglies that thing is fast! He's using the WHOLE track too - great driving there, that big land yacht was wagging it's tail plenty - and the driver put in just enough correction to get her back straight without killing too much speed.

Thanks for the ride along!
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

That thing must have been a handful in the twisties! Too much fun.

Anyone know why all the tagging on the blacktop?
          Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

graffitti

Comment

Heres the other part.

ADAC Eifelrennen 2009Team Classic Driver wins the 300-kilometer race on the famous "Nordschleife" in the GTP class.Drivers Fred and Barney can be seen with t...

This is their site...holy smoke dang,what a cool package with that tow rig...

Comment

Did you notice how much less frequently he needed to change gears because of the torque band on the 427 compared to your average motor in a roadracing car? That right there is more encouragement for "lazy litres" in my book.
                Central TEXAS Sleeper
                USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Originally posted by CTX-SLPR
                  Did you notice how much less frequently he needed to change gears because of the torque band on the 427 compared to your average motor in a roadracing car? That right there is more encouragement for "lazy litres" in my book.
                  I noticed that,and i also noticed around 175mph on the long straight in the beginning of the vid..yupp,thats coolness.. ;)

Comment

I noticed that,and i also noticed around 175mph on the long straight in the beginning of the vid..yupp,thats coolness.. ;)
                    Sure that's not KpH?
                    Central TEXAS Sleeper
                    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

graffitti
                      No shit, Sherlock!
                      WHY?
                      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

man he was really wheelin' that thing in the turns....holy acceleration! that mosnter just walked away from the other "junk" on the field...My ass pucked a few times just watching...what a freaking ride that would be!!!
                        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

A common Ring Rumour is that each piece represents someone killed at that spot. That is the case with some of it - the photo left showing one example (for Joerund Seim) - but is not the case with most of it.

The rest of it ranges from 'good luck' messages to people competing in races to people promoting their website or car-club.

Anyone painting graffiti on the track needs to be careful to do it well off the line as paint can be slippery when wet. The above example is in a narrow strip on the opposite side of the track to the line.
                          There are 3 reasons for this:
                          1)There are some smaller graffiti that was done to leave their mark that they were there
                          2)Vandals being vandals
                          3)It does serve as a regular road sometimes, but that could serve as part of 1 or 2

Comment

Sure that's not KpH?
                            The display is indeed in KM/H but if you look carefully the car exceeds 265 km/h.
                            President, Wicked Rides Poland

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...eau-Club-Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by studemax
                              graffitti
                              No shit, Sherlock!
                              WHY?
                              Visual markers for braking points maybe?
                              I'm probably wrong

Comment

Working...
                              X