Found this on CL what do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Found this on CL what do you think?

I'm not a fan of cross breeding, but what about a Trailblazer inline in that body? Modern inline technology and I don't think they're TOO pricey. It'll limit your classes somewhat but still should be TONS of fun.

Dan

Comment

so for under 3K you could have an uber cool maverick.....

Thank me later

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY2
        so for under 3K you could have an uber cool maverick.....

Thank me later

Damn, that would work out nice! I think I hear this car talking to you also Russel...

Comment

Yeah drop the turbo 4 in the Maverick and a rowdy 351C in the TC! WIN - WIN!

Thats what TLC means doest it? Thumping little Cleveland, right?

Comment

we are certified enablers! ;D
            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351
              we are certified enablers! ;D
              Isn't that in the official BangShift bylaws? :D

Comment

Its Sold Feel free to call him and ask if its for sale B/C its still posted 252-459-4637

It maybe for the best But I really liked it, maybe I should work on some of the stuff I already have.

1989 5.0 5 speed - went over 140 in the mile so not doing that anymore I need to rebuild the trac loc because I would like to take it bracket racing, It could look better as well.
                1989 tbird SC 5 speed - slowing working on the body
                1993 Mark VIII - Daily Driver, currently speed limiter limited in the mile, never been on short track
                1968 Mustang 289 auto - Its really my wife's we ride it some times when the weather is nice, need the under side PORed and a patch in the torque box, A/C fixed, I would like to replace the rear valance with a GT one and put duals on it, and more miles only 35k so far (All of these have there own page in projects.)

I also have:
                1995 F150 300 auto 4x4 - I haul and pull stuff with it
                1985 tbird 3.8 auto - 1st car no longer runs kinda beat, don't really want to work in it
                1961 Falcon 200 2speed auto - High School Project Car I took it apart and started working on the body, It needs everything been siting untouched for about 10 years under a shed at Dad's....

What would you work on? I am in the middle of the SC and want to finish it but I can always work on something else or at least bench race it ;D
                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                ​​​​​​

Comment

fix the 89 5.0 to have one done to play with!!!
                  COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Originally posted by Russell
                    First off I really don't have a good place to work, I have a lot of stuff I could work on, and not allot of money, so I should not even bother, but this car calls to me in two ways, part of me wants to find a $500 t-bird or crown vic and rob it if it motor / tranny and try to flip it for a profit (I sure I would lose $$) the other part of me wants to make it a LSR car

1973 Ford Maverick body only. Clear title. 355 spool, 8" rearend. Weld wheels. New aluminum radiator. New headers. $1000

Let me know what you think, if its to slap some cents into me or, enable me and bench race it.....
                    If it was local, you wouldn't be asking us. It'd already be in MY shop......and I'm not nuts about Fords
                    STUGOTS

Comment

grampa bought a yellow grabber brand new in 70

Comment

The 3.9 is an AJV8, a Jag motor. The 3.0 Duratec was also offered in the LS and uses a Duratec V6 bellhousing pattern that also was used on the FWD Continental DOHC 4.6's. Early LS's had a 5R55N while the later (03+) got the 5R55S. Neither are supposed to be up to all that much power as they are decendents of the C3/A4LD transmissions. The Jag motor had the same trans but the Jag bellhousing. Jag's got 4.0, 4.2, and 4.2 Supercharged engines but ran rather different computer systems and most of them are CAN Bus engines which means they want to talk to the seatbelts to let you drive it.
                        Central TEXAS Sleeper
                        USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Originally posted by CTX-SLPR
                          Early LS's had a 5R55N while the later (03+) got the 5R55S.
                          So the 3.9 and 3.0 had the same trans? Does it share a bell housing bolt patter with other rwd engines? (windsor? MOD?
                          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                          1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                          ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Russell
                            Originally posted by CTX-SLPR
                            Early LS's had a 5R55N while the later (03+) got the 5R55S.
                            So the 3.9 and 3.0 had the same trans? Does it share a bell housing bolt patter with other rwd engines? (windsor? MOD?
                            They share the same transmission but different bellhousings. The only things I know of with the Duratec V6 pattern on the V6 in RWD are the LS clones (T-bird and Jag S-type) and the brand new Mustang.
                            The AJV8 3.9 is a Jag designed motor that only shares it's bellhousing with other Jags. However this might mean that before Ford fully took control of Jag that the AJV8 was paired to a 4L60E. I've never done the research but I know that Jag, Bentley, Rolls Royce, and Land Rover all used GM 4L60E and 4L80E transmissions before switching to Getrags after they were taken over by German automakers. There are also Mercedes derived and bespoke Getrag units for the AJV8 but all of them are computer controlled.

The only way i can see getting around the computer for either of the LS offerings is going for a 5R55 bellhousing on an older A4LD for the 3.0 or the chance that very early AJV8's had a TH700R4 or 4L60 behind them. Manual transmission wise, 00-02 LS's had a Getrag 5spd manual that's largely similar to BMW units and of course the new Mustang has one too. I've been looking into this casually since I'd like to build a Shelby Daytona kit car with a complete LS/S-type R suspension and a twin turbo 3.0L Duratec like the Noble M15.
                            Central TEXAS Sleeper
                            USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Working...
                            X