WTF: Computer question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF: Computer question

YouTube is crashing both Firefox and IE on my 'puter. How the heck do I fix it?
    That which you manifest is before you.

Re: WTF: Computer question

Buy an imac. ;D

Comment

You can try deleting browsing history and cookies.

Comment

WTF - Why The Face ?
        Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

update your adobe flash player

Comment

Try Google Chrome. I've found it work so much better than IE or Firefox I've stopped using both.
            Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

Comment

I agree on clearing your cache and cookies.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by catchmeblue70
                Try Google Chrome. I've found it work so much better than IE or Firefox I've stopped using both.
                Chrome is actually what I am using. I'm just dumb. I yelled the f-word at it minutes ago, cleared the cache, shut it off and turned it back on. Now it is working like a champ. The f-word works again!

Comment

yellowbullet just popped up a malware warning

Comment

Monty and Jimmy have been battling that stuff. Apparently they have had someone try to sabotage the place or something.

I feel for them...they'll get it licked.

Comment

If your using a PC the best FREE protection I've found is Microsoft Security Essentials ....great at stopping all adware and malware. We got hit before I installed it on advice from a friend who works for Google. It was horrible to get rid of the malware....but we got it scrubbed and no more worries.
                      The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Comment

One thing to keep in mind.....Sue Unit taught me this. "System Restore."

Its an executable on PC's. Last week my puter go so hosed up I couldn't use it, and I couldn't explain or understand why. System Restore. We all surf so much, there's no telling what you pick up in the way of viruses and stuff. Do a file search for that title, then run it. It gives you a calendar, what date to restore your system to. It doesn't mess with any of your recent files or updates, it just restores the system settings back to what they were on the date you choose. On a Friday, I said go back to Monday. That's the day of the week when I knew my puter was working well.

Fixed. BOING! *****WHEW*** Fixed it again. System Restore.
                        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

one finger salute usually fix it for me...
                          Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Chassisman
                            If your using a PC the best FREE protection I've found is Microsoft Security Essentials ....great at stopping all adware and malware. We got hit before I installed it on advice from a friend who works for Google. It was horrible to get rid of the malware....but we got it scrubbed and no more worries.
                            that is what I go to as well. been there since 2001, the 82801(?) chips. My biggest complaint in thre 90s was no help from microsoft. Upon listening in to chats of this crazy evolution, the essentials stuff has been in the making for awhile. I learned from a pro it is not cookies and malware and stuff, in fact, that stuff is silly.. it is other problems that allow the babbles to happen.
                            there is even a means to tighten drift (clock cycles) to the software to maintian realtime protection. I catch the microsoft stuff in action sometimes, it has been a long time waiting. it does the real stuff, not the babbles of antivirus etc.

c/n: it is not about malware, it is about your sloppy ass computer with windows. ;D
                            Previously boxer3main
                            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
                            X