No announcement yet.

I GOT IT, $280 worth of awesomeness!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I GOT IT, $280 worth of awesomeness!!!

Here at least the cost of renting a bottle for 10 years is FAR FAR more expensive than just buying a bottle and using it for 10 years (date is stamped on the bottle). Can re-certify for about 1/2 the price of a new bottle, and if you own it, anywhere will fill it up.

Comment

Found this one today. It's at a pawn shop which means very little chance of lowballing.

BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

All industrial gas suppliers will fill bottles that are not theirs, but not if they don't know you. they are not licenced to fill bottles they don't own. but money's green and business is business. If you have a friend with a business account with your local supplyer, have him hook you up. Actually I had a friend hook me up with the local supplyer and he sold me an oxy/acetylene rig for about 40% of cost cause it has names on the bottles other than the ones he is licensed to fill. Always has swapouts, never have to wait. All bottlers have unlicensed bottles on hand, its just part of the business. they just have a way of showing up.

A

Comment

I own all my bottles.... up front cost... but the local Air Gas simply replaces them each time I refill.... and they state customer owned on them.... ( most of the time )....

Renting bottles is renting.... they love the 4-10 bucks a month.... I'd rather just keep them... on my schedule...

Great Unit... by the way and virtually any of the AutoDarkening helmets will be just fine for the first one.... again try pawn shops.... seriously....

K

Comment

I got a $40 harbor frieght auto dark helmet when I was taking my welding class... it worked for a few years before crapping out - more than paid for itself, so I got another one.

I know there are better ones - and getting a high quality one used is on my want list. For occasional welding (as long asi it's not outside where sun light plays games with the auto dark lens) they've been great!
            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

The key to getting your bottle filled just about anywhere is getting it from an AirGas or PraxAir or another big distributor. When you buy your tank it will have their logo on it and they will refill it at any dealer even if you now own the bottle.

Getting stuff filled is super easy and not an issue.

One thing to remember if you are getting a big bottle. Learn how to move it. When you show up and have the tall bottle in your truck and make them come get it they will look at you like a noob. Learn to do the kick and roll and you'll be good. It's easy, it's fast and it's an easy way to make sure you look like you are part of the club. Most welding shops have good people in them and I've never had an issue.
              "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Working...
              X