New tractor project added to the fleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New tractor project added to the fleet

I just bought this 9N as a father son project for Cam and I. It's a mid to late 40's, runs good.

We're picking it up tomorrow, more pic's to follow then. Future goals, blow it apart, paint it UK Fordson Major colors (blue with orange wheels, dangerously close to Gulf colors ;D) to match the Gulf shop truck when it's done, just as Nesbo predicted.

Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Re: New tractor project added to the fleet

Nice. I've got an 8N. Flat loved that tractor when it worked. I did a cosmetic rebuild to the original colors and changed it to 12v. Then it started eating starters. Damn.

I dig the way it rides, much nicer than our yanmar/JD diesel workhorse. And there is something about the sound and smell of that 4 popper flatty.

I need to get it back in service.

Comment

NICE!!!!!!

That's going to be a cool deal for you and the Cammer!

Brian
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Here's a few more pic's I took, she looks rough but, is in very good shape for something that is 70 years old. Serial number is low, 9N24681, making it a 1940. A battery, starter relay, cables, tune-up parts and a carb kit are first on the to-do list.

Need to find a new shift cover, common for them to break the collar off where the shift lever mounts

Here's the paint scheme concept, Fordson Majors in Ireland and UK were right on for matching Gulf racing colors, we might go the factory light gray/dark gray if we flip it for profit to find a good 8N instead.

Comment

now i predict you and Cam having a good time redoing this tractor.
          Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

SWEET!

maybe I should just bring you my old flattie forklift for one of these transformations! ;D
            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351
              SWEET!

maybe I should just bring you my old flattie forklift for one of these transformations! ;D

ooooooooo!, I love old forklifts more than old tractors. At my Dad's shop growing up, we had a 65 4banger IH Scout chassis(no body) with a forklift mass from an old Tow-Motor forklift welded on the back. It had torches on board, along with an I beam that slide over a fork to work as a picking boom. It had a running board/step welded to the frame rail to stand on while running and driving., hand throttle, hand brake, foot clutch, steering wheel was also the "Oh Jesus" handle.

It was our "off-road" forklift, as Dad called it, because the hard tire forklifts would sink out behind the shop where the junkyard full of trucks was.

The heap was kinda my assigned unit at the shop, before I was old enough to legally drive.

I wonder what OHSA would have thought of it? lol.

Comment

Working...
              X