Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dad has a 27 dodge brothers coupe

that he most likely never get to..
    he has a willy's p/u to do first.. and isn't keen on working on the 27 as it needs top to bottom redo
    so benchrace this..
    27 dodge 2 door it is rusty, with 3" of the lower doors rotted away
    thinking ratrod and cut the lower 4" off and remount to frame/floors
    powered by??
    I'm thinking inline jeep/amc/mopar 6 or get a cherokee or rolled jeep and drop the drivetrain in it 4wd and all.. and add 33'' to it..
    like a fenderless rod.. ;D
    leave it new england rusty and make the wood framed cloth top a snap or zipper openable top..
    turn trunk into rummble seat.. and drive it..
    ideas..

Re: dad has a 27 dodge brothers coupe

this is my buddys coupe he built when he was 14 in the mid 60's the bottom 3 inches was rotted so he cut it off you plan sounds good DO IT lol

Comment

Should be able to score a running slant 6 for dirt cheap....trans and all...maybe even the rear end from a beater mopar....clean it up and drop it in....I like the idea....dirt cheap cruiser...
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY2
        Should be able to score a running slant 6 for dirt cheap....trans and all...maybe even the rear end from a beater mopar....clean it up and drop it in....I like the idea....dirt cheap cruiser...
        ouuuuuu the slant,, didn't even think of that..
        that might not work with hood sides.. hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Comment

nothin a sawzall wont fix ;D
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

nothin a sawzall wont fix ;D
            would want to keep the sides..

Comment

Maybe a flat 4 or something...An 8 might be too wide if you wanna keep the sides...how much long is a 6cyl?...a little furd 200 6cyl chould be cheap and easy to find...Arent the jeep 6 cyl pretty big?

if it were me and with money at hand, I would find an early Hemi...

Comment

Maybe a flat 4 or something...An 8 might be too wide if you wanna keep the sides...how much long is a 6cyl?...a little furd 200 6cyl chould be cheap and easy to find...Arent the jeep 6 cyl pretty big?

if it were me and with money at hand, I would find an early Hemi...
                put a 2jz in it....im just kidding.....or am i ??? :D

Comment

There have been some really good looking Slant 6's done... ( Hot Rod's even done one )

I'd go with that cause it's wicked cheap... and in a rat it would be a perfect set up.... if you gotta have the V8 they are out there in a ton of Junk Mopar's ....

If there is no bottom left.... wack it as close as you can to get the rust and move on....

K

Comment

the slant 6 is fifty years old now, wow!

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Working...
                    X