X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Omaha Steaks

Originally posted by Eliteman76
    Originally posted by Rebeldryver
    Piccolo Petes in South Omaha. Just down the road from the stock yards. Corn fed Nebraska black angus, aged 28 days. Yumm-mmee.
    I honestly miss Caniglia's restaurant down by the old market. My wife worked there when we first started dating. Good steaks and awesome pasta.

Phil-
    You ever been to Brother Sabastians? Now THAT place you need a light to see what the hell you are trying to do. Always got a good meal there. Was going to go last night...but I was a wee bit underdressed, and driving the GTS, hell no I am not parking it in that parking lot.

Then again, I am partial, I like my Boheimian Cafe. Get me some god chek food. Dumplings. Breaded veal, or killer roast pork. with about a gallon of the gravy. And the egg drop soup. And fresh rye bread. Damn. It's 3am, and I want some roast pork with their mash potatoes slathered in the gravy made from all the drippings.
    ;D Ah, love.
    Stroll down stomach's memory lane. Yum. I've eaten at all those places, but it's been twenty years since any of them.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
      Cooked up the NY Strips the other night. They were nice steaks. Like you guys all said, not the most incredible steaks ever, but they were tasty.

In true BangShift fashion, I managed to injure myself while horsing around with the kids.

So the steaks are packed in dry ice. The day after I unpack the cooler I realize that there is still a good sized brick of dry ice in there. I decide to become Mr Wizard and wow my 4 and 2 year old with my mastry of the universe. I'm freezing fruit until it is rock hard with the stuff, explaining what it is, then I decide to hit it with the hose to make it steam and junk.
      That's all well and good. I dump it out onto the lawn and am freezing squares to show them how cold the stuff is. I'm wearing flip-flops naturally. Gingerly, I am kicking the dry ice around and then I decide to be a hero and I am really going to flip this little block of ice up and boot it to break it up. Bad plan.

I muff the kick and catch it with my toes, not the flip flop, my actual toes. I kick it and then immediately notice that by big toe really hurts bad. Oh yeah, there's a bunch of dry-ice lodged under my toenail. As I'm using a stick to scrape this junk out because it is burning the crap out of my toe, my wife starts yelling at me and my kids are just standing there taking the whole scene in.

After my wife chews my ass, Tom looks at me and says with a little smile, "You OK, dad?" He then burst out laughing.

Most of the pain is gone now. :D

If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough.
      That cracked me up - reminded me of the Three Stooges minus 2.
      Hope you don't lose your toenail - your Tony Franklin kicking career for the Pats would be history......

Andrew - I've heard of Brother Sebastian's but never been there. Next stop for us is probably The Drover - she had the best hamburger of her life with people from the office so she wants me to go too. I'm never one to turn down carniverous pursuits.
      Phil / Omaha

Comment

My mom and dad were from Omaha and as a little kid I spent a lot of time there living with my dad's folks while he was stationed overseas. No remember I am an old guy, so this was a long time ago. I remember that whenever there was a special occasion, or if we were just returning to visit, we went to Marccio's (Spelling ?). My dad's folks lived across n. 30th street from Fort Omaha and a block down from Mr. C's. This was once a drive-in then became Caniglia's. I think this was before the one downtown. Later it became Mr. C;s and I believe is still there. I loved Caniglia;s downtown and was heart broken when it closed down. Last few times I've been to Omaha I have gone to Anthony's (just up 72nd from the Holdiay Inn, right?). It is really a great place to get a great steak. Though I have two uncles and some cousins in Omaha that I enjoy bumming around with, one night MUST be out to eat a real steak. I have rarely been disappointed.

Gee, you guys have really made me hungry. Let me look at my calendar, I need to make a road trip...... :P ;)

Comment

Fort Omaha is now Metro Comm. College -
          Mr. C's on 30th. closed a couple years ago now - bummer - it was Xmas all year round there with the decorations. It was the closest sit down restaurant to our office so we took visitors there all the time for lunch.
          I think it was two years ago the Studebaker Nationals were at the Holiday Inn at 72nd. and Grover - just north of Anthony's - you could kill two birds with one stone that trip. If you ever get back here be sure to holler at us Omahan's.
          Phil / Omaha

Comment

Working...
          X