So Im driving down Cornhusker Hwy..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Im driving down Cornhusker Hwy..

Last night I rolled through Lincoln about 1 Am, I 80 is jacked up so you gotta get off at Waverly and cut through town to the airport exit. Well anyway, a gray Audi with a black stripe decided to mess with me twice, not gonna play with the kids in the car. Just isnt going to happen. He takes the hint and leaves me alone. Somehow I get the feeling that DG and the guys at 1320video know this guy, the car looked familiar to me. I havent logged into the local forum here in years, so I am way out of the loop.

Then there is a kid in a green 73/74 Nova hopped up with stickers and glasspacks. The Speedway motors sticker has to be worth 75hp by now. This pos is smoking like it has no valve seals and someone lined up the ring gaps when he stomps it. He messed with me until I stopped for a red about a mile before the airport exit. Flooring it beside me and showing off his Prius like acceleration. Actually I think a Prius would be a tough race for him. Then since I roll about 78mph down I80, I caught him not far after the airpark road, and he messed with me all the way to the Milford exit, where he finally exited. Burning oil is not a fun smell and I really didnt care to risk a ticket or waste gas on that idiot so I was more than glad he had to get home. I just wanted to make it to York and get some sleep. I wonder if he is taking classes out there, maybe he needs to learn something about building engines and keeping them from smoking so bad.

Oh and yeah I am in Nebraska for a couple days, if you're from Lincoln or Omaha send me a PM with a number. It would be fun to meet the crew from home.

Re: So Im driving down Cornhusker Hwy..

Glad you made it safely - what did you end up driving?
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

PM sent Todd -
      I'm curious what you're driving too with all the locals wanting to race ya.....
      Phil / Omaha

Comment

the 98 Formula.. not much room, but it does good on gas, and on ramps are lots of fun. The downside is every hockey puck from Wisconsin, Iowa, and Lincoln wants to mess with me. 8 times on this drive, two in Madison Wi.

Comment

That'll do it I guess !
          Phil / Omaha

Comment

in "arrest me red" no less!

nice.

I'm guessing your kids aren't 6 footers yet.

At least you can enjoy the ride! (between jerkies messing with you)

Comment

Heh, so you actually managed to get all their stuff in there? :D Glad you finally figured out something to take though!
              Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

Comment

Cruise on by if you're around tonight or tomorrow - I'm all the way back out in Treynor, IA - about an hour from Lincoln.

I am flying out to Bonneville on Friday afternoon though!! I'll wave from the airplane as we fly over. I actually kinda wish I was driving this year, we enjoyed the drive last year.
                www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

No way could I get all of my youngest daughters stuff in there. Even if I drove down alone and packed it in every nook in the car it wouldnt fit. She is almost as tall as I am, the older daughter is only 5'2" or so. Having girls is both a bonus and a source of anxiety.... urgh... dating...

Its just different for me now. Nobody in the UP messes with me, but every time I go on a road trip I get every hockey puck with a fart can and stickers messing with me. Its not like the LS1 is slow, it runs low 13s like it is, but why would I want to race anyone when I am trying to get there on the least amount of $3 gas possible? Of course the idiots in Madison were driving front drive crap boxes, so who would get the ticket? I would, not them, they cant even break the speed limit in two blocks at WOT.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455
                    the 98 Formula.. not much room, but it does good on gas, and on ramps are lots of fun. The downside is every hockey puck from Wisconsin, Iowa, and Lincoln wants to mess with me. 8 times on this drive, two in Madison Wi.

I can't imagine why anyone would want to race a guy driving a bright red Firebird Formula with, most likely, louder exhaust. : :

I have a secret joy in watching my friend's with teenage daughters go through hell when they discover boys. ;D
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I have a secret joy in watching my friend's with teenage daughters go through hell when they discover boys. Grin

blah... show the first 2 boys your shiny SKS, and the rest hear it through the grape vine.... ask me how I know :

Scott, you are a lot closer than I thought, just a stones throw from the Atl!!
                      Charles

Comment

Originally posted by 1badmonkey
                        Even closer than that - about maybe 25 minutes from here to Atlantic? I live on Hwy 6, almost where it meets Hwy 59. Atlantic is a short hop from here. Next time Nitemare brings his car here for tuning, you should hitch a ride and hang out.
                        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by 1badmonkey
                          I have a secret joy in watching my friend's with teenage daughters go through hell when they discover boys. Grin

blah... show the first 2 boys your shiny SKS, and the rest hear it through the grape vine.... ask me how I know :

I have a SPAS12 (big black Jurrasic park shotgun), and AR15 HBAR, and an SKS with a 30rnd mag, plus a .45 ACP pistol. The problem is I live in Michigan, they live in Nebraska. hte good thing is they tell all the boys about me, then they get to actually meet me and see that I am not some skinny wimpy guy. I think I am being repaid for my activities when I was younger

Comment

There's a great country song along those lines....

" you kids run along and have a little fun, I'll probably be up all night - just cleaning this gun..."

Comment

Working...
                            X