Ok so i bought another truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok so i bought another truck

...oh yesss.my GF calls it a redneck truck cuz it has no hubcaps :......

1988 chevy 2500 2wd RCLB.. fresh 350/th400 and 3.42 gears..red,with NO RUST.... schwing! its a great 10 footer... 8)

ok for most you guys here,this is no big deal..these are a dime a dozen in most parts...up here...RARE.

just did the brake hoses,idler arm,adjust rear brakes and change all fluids...the interior,well just plain disgusting...
    "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Re: Ok so i bought another truck

Death without photos!
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Yeah round here they have so much rust you dont need to close the doors. I just got a set of heads for the similar year 4x4 1500 I picked up cheap. Its not rust free but close to it for these parts. You must post a pic of it soon.. or I will roll over the border and put a hurtin on ya...

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
        Death without photos!
        I say if you post a thread about a new car purchase without photos, the offending poster should be forced to drive a Yugo or a Renaut Alliance for a month
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY2
          Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
          Death without photos!
          I say if you post a thread about a new car purchase without photos, the offending poster should be forced to drive a Yugo or a Renaut Alliance for a month
          And pay $11,000 for one.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

The motion has been seconded. All those in favor?

Aye!
            I'm probably wrong

Comment

I.
              Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

how much ?

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455
                  Yeah round here they have so much rust you dont need to close the doors. I just got a set of heads for the similar year 4x4 1500 I picked up cheap. Its not rust free but close to it for these parts. You must post a pic of it soon.. or I will roll over the border and put a hurtin on ya...

here rust is the stuff to giggle at.. as when frames break, who cares about the doors, and cab sinking into it..
                  my bro had a big bad 2500, the thumpiest gas 350 I have ever heard by oem. Beyond rumored to be some diesel convert back to gas...it broke the frame just by existing.

I shoulda grabbed it for the $300 he wanted. If I do encounter one, it is to be throwing the cam out, the TBI, and maybe add some big thick headgaskets... on the biggest tire maine would allow.
                  they were so bad, my j-tin subaru one year older, within 30k miles was still original ..would never have guessed it looking at this truck (the last 5 years of its life was sitting all summer long awaiting to be a driveway plower)..
                  embarrassment to the truck world. oem standards to keep, and it did not have it the way they used to..(I still regret not buying it- a 9 to 1 on all the heavier drivetrain would have gone a long day)

Previously boxer3main
                  the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

LMAO

ok guys..i guess i owe you guys an update... 8)...i paid 1500 for the truck..the bed has been changed as i see green paint under the red...the truck is original red...and red again...looks like only one repaint...

i have yet to take pics of the truck..and friday..it didnt pass the E TEST....so i believe an EGR valve is in order,i recorded a Nox level of 2447 on a limit it 740.... :o

as much i love flowmasters,i dont want the drone on this thing,so it will have to be removed...whoever wants it can pay me the shipping..its 2.5 in center,and 2x 2.5 out....looks like a series 40...email me at [email protected]

the nova: well not much time has been spent on it...i am still awaiting my turn on the dyno :...we have been thrashing on my buddies mopar (wiring,dropping in the motor-a 596 HP 416 pumpgas stroker with Indy heads) to get it ready for his wedding this saturday in lake george NY on the Saint Sacrement ship docked in the village...pics are in order,but the camera in my phone was set too low in rez so the pic was like 1 inch wide (arrrgh)i suck. : >

al
                    "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

Working...
                    X