landracing.com message board shut down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• landracing.com message board shut down

It appears that the landracing.com message board has gotten to be too much of a pissing contest for Jon Amo to handle. The kid has to work for a living to support his family but the work load trying to moderate the board overwhemled him.

Like many message boards this excellent communication forum was a boon to the users, be they old salts or newbies looking for answers to their questions. Despite repeated pleas from Jon, the some people took over the board for their own agendas and drove off many users. Some input from potential new racers indicated that they were turned off by the welcome they recieved and decided to do something else .

There was availbale to anyone posting literally hundreds of years salt experience to draw on. It is a shame that this has happened. The board was several years old and had a lot of info and photos that Jon had gathered.

Hopefully, Jon can bring his pet back on line soon,

DW

Re: landracing.com message board shut down

As a relative newcomer to LSR, I'm deeply sorry that this has come to pass. While I didn't post on the board a lot, I checked it often and learned a ton from it. I guess, like so much else in this world, a few can ruin it for the rest of us. Best of luck to Jon (although I didn't know him personally) and hope all goes well for him. I never cease to be amazed that folks are willing to abuse what amounts to a privilege and gift, and disrespect the efforts of those who hand it to you on a silver platter.

Dan

Comment

Wow. What a serious bummer. Other than Ratcliff, I can't imagine an LSR fan being that out of control. We'll make sure that does not happen here.

Comment

Dude...don't say that name.
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
          Dude...don't say that name.
          FRANKLIN FOREVER!!!!

just kidding. I actually read a few books that he recommended, good stuff. Socially, though, that guy is/was the Prozac poster child.
          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Wow, what a bummer. I met Jon at the Salt Talks last year and he was a really nice nice guy and obviously popular. When your pleasure turns into a form a stress, it isn't fun anymore and I guess that is what went on. Sorry to see it go.

Comment

;D
              As of Fri March 14th, Jon says the forums will return with Some Changes in a few days. Thanks to all who expressed their views urging him to return "our E salt drug"

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
                I never cease to be amazed that folks are willing to abuse what amounts to a privilege and gift, and disrespect the efforts of those who hand it to you on a silver platter.

Couldn't be said better.

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
                  Wow. What a serious bummer. Other than Ratcliff, I can't imagine an LSR fan being that out of control. We'll make sure that does not happen here.
                  I got the notice this morning that landracing.com forum is back online again with the excellent changes, that you have to agree to before accessing it. I along with Randy Dupree and Rob Robinson co-moderate a forum and when we updated to a new style www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com we got real strict with what we would and wouldn't allow on the forum, because of abuses on the old format and since then we haven't had a single problem, but we won't hesitate to ban the offenders after warning them once, sometimes you have to rule with a heavy hand, but it is better in the long run for the community.

Hey Frieburger, just to let you know your pal Buddy the beagle won't be setting on the back of the VW convertible watching the cars and bikes at the starting line at Maxton anymore.

He instead will be in the airconditioning in the bus back in the pits, as I will be back racing again after a twenty year break....GERIATRICS RULE!!!

JOHN FINN
                  HOPKINS, SC
                  1984 VW RABBIT GTI
                  16V SCIROCCO CONVERSION
                  G/GSS LAND SPEED RACER
                  SM SCCA TT / AUTOCROSS
                  Check out my "WILD HARE RACING" Land Speed Racing Rabbit album at;

EAST COAST TIMING ASSOCIATION
                  I MAY BE GETTING OLDER.............BUT I REFUSE TO GROW UP!!

Comment

Working...
                  X