Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oshkosh pics- part 1- NOT SLOW CONNECTION FRIENDLY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oshkosh pics- part 1- NOT SLOW CONNECTION FRIENDLY!

I would whittle these down some, but some of the photo sequences are really cool, and I couldn't decide which ones to weed out.

This Stearman is a bone stock plane that weighs 3000+ pounds, and was never designed for aerobatic flight. To prove this fact, the guy would do a slow roll about 100 feet off the ground where his gravity feed fuel system would stop feeding the big radial, and it would sputter and die while he was upside down, and then restart as he rolled it over.

Re: Oshkosh pics- part 1- NOT SLOW CONNECTION FRIENDLY!

This is Sean Tucker flying a purpose built stunt biplane. Fun to watch, but not nearly as cool as watching the old planes get tossed around.

There are few sounds as cool as the scream of a packard-built merlin screaming as an old Mustang (and I mean the REAL Mustang, not the Ford version) flies by at 300 mph.

More in the next few days.

Comment

Nice job. Next time try to slow the shutter speed down for more prop blur. While Packard built Merlins for Rolls, the majority of the engines in todays P-51's are the Rolls Royce version. I'll be starting on my Oshkosh pictures soon.

Comment

Thanks for the tip!

Comment

How slow would you recommend?

Comment

No faster than 1/250 for flying, and no faster than 1/100 for taxi shots.

Comment

Thanks. I will give that a try today out at the airport. I won't have anything really fancy to take pictures of, but one of Dad's students should be bopping around.

Comment

Working...
              X