Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad accident in offroad accident in Cali desert..8 dead,and 12 wounded.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bad accident in offroad accident in Cali desert..8 dead,and 12 wounded.

Just read it......yes....real sad

Wonder if any Bangshifters were there
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I'd read that just before logging on here. Thoughts and prayers to all the people and famalies involved.
      "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

sad,
        but this has been along time coming.. this and rally racing..
        the crowds are to close to the action.. for their own good..
        sad that people died.. and a feel for the families..
        untill the lawyer up.. cause you know thats coming..
        real bad for everyone involved..
        wonder if ROBBY GORDON was in that race..

Comment

the photographer that was interviewed in the article, dave conklin, has BS ties with some peeps on the site. Its sad that the driver had to flee the scene cause of the angry mob, people standing that close know the dangers, hate to say it, but its thier own fault, every other major motorsports race (cept rally car racing) has barriers in place to keep that element of danger from the fans. Vehicles getting faster, going bigger and longer on jumps, it was a matter of time before something like this was to happen, surprised it hasnt happened sooner.
          Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

I am not at all surprised at an accident like this.

some crowds even play chicken as the vehicles approach..

rally/baja.

here the local national rally that passes through has such a tight plan for spectators, I do not even want to drive the 30minutes from my place to go watch it. Very strict.. and I don't like walking.

of course it is the risk for the crowd, this accident is a result.
            frustration led to anger towards the driver.. no answers for the risk, they targetted the wrong prson. it is not the drivers setup for their placement to watch.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

My nephew posted this on facebook this morning

"Literally ran away from death tonight, saw the most horrible accident rip to all who lost their lives, pray for a speedy recovery to all who were injured!"

I guess he was there....wow....
              My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

We've all seen video of people getting their jollies standing next to speeding racers on the course in the old days and now.
                I don't understand it, and that's why we keeping writing safety rules with the blood of the wounded and dead.
                Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Hopefully there will be some changes taking place.
                  I feel the most sorry for the driver. How would you be feeling after taking out those spectators?????
                  Then on top of that being attacked by the mob when really it's not your fault.
                  sigpicJohn Castelli
                  www.gonecruisincarclub.com

Comment

Do these races have any kind of fencing to keep spectators and race vehicles separate? Or, are these things like european rally's where people practically stand in the road?

Very tragic all around.

BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

An off-road truck sailed off a jump and hurtled into a crowd at a race in the California desert, pinning bodies beneath it and sending others flying into a chaotic cloud of dust in a crash that killed eight people, authorities and witnesses said Sunday.

heres another link
                      "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

It must be a thrill to watch those trucks fly over stuff, and I guess it's a bigger thrill to get as close as possible. Common sense can get a little scarce, particularly after having beers all day (I haven't been to one of those races, just based on experience at other off-road events...probably half the crowd is over the limit by sundown). This has to be expected, hope it doesn't ruin it for everybody else.

Tragic stuff, racing's supposed to be fun.

Long, long ago I was at a street race where one of the racers refused to run. The crowd kept getting too close and he wouldn't do it as long as that continued to happen. Since you can't expect a lot of personal responsibility out of a crowd sometimes, perhaps it should be up to the racers then. If they keep seeing crowds push too close at certain spots, they can pressure the organization to stop the race. Then it'll be the fools putting themselves in harm's way being seen as the problem, and getting the rocks thrown at them, instead of the racers when the inevitible happens.

Comment

Working...
                        X