Raced the GT500 Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raced the GT500 Friday

I finally got my car to the track Friday after the latest round of mods and had a good time!
    The weather was cool enough for power but hot enough to keep the grip.
    I have never and may never 60' that well again! The crowd was very small so we got in quite a few runs and the track felt well prepped.
    My best was 11.78 @ 122 with a 1.88 60'
    Car setup is, 2007 GT500, JLT cold air intake, metco 2.6 upper blower pulley/tune, 3.73's/eaton, dynotech DS, EVO UCA/LCA, steeda shifter, steeda nonfanned heat exchanger, stock goodyears set at 28psi.
    For a basic "stage II" car on street tires it felt pretty good!

I want to thank my good buddy Mike for dealing with all the bad luck that Friday the 13th could offer and letting me have a good night!

Sorry, no video, just the slip. (Rt lane)

This was coming directly after correcting a way lean mail order tune!!! If you are getting your PCM tunes off site without a wideband O2 to check them.....get the air/fuel ratio checked! My car was 13.5:1 A/F, it should have been 11.5/11.75 for a blown car! Good thing I haddn't thrashed it tooo much before checking it...
    Video of the lean run....

Re: Raced the GT500 Friday

That's stepping out Andy, you were reeling the other car in on the big end.
    "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Sick!
      Originally posted by A/Fuel
      I have a set of super pants, they work great!

Comment

Nice run!
        I R Bob
        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Working...
        X