• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Performance Hybrid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J-vYph6abI

Re: High Performance Hybrid

interesting..
    i did not know they went to a v8 project. unlike porsche to do so..

I spotted the flat six 911 looking chassis also called hybrid making use of momentum...slingshottting out of corners, or whenever.

that one almost gave me goosebumps... as the flat four with 3 mains is the only momentum keeping engine in the world, a guy named ferdinand knows that this energy exists and never used it. I was glad to see a project like that come from porsche and really called a hybrid by mechanical hybrid means and not some crazy electric fuel altered doubling of hypocrisy refusing to admit the crap engines the others are using aren't even worth being a hybrid.

/rant

the six is a rather pouncy one on gears.. I can see how this v8 comes into play (friendlier).. seems strange that porsche uses it for hybrid (if the description of "v8" is correct on the you tube vid) if it is the same concept as the one I found earlier, nice stuff.

call it genius, you can get away with it.

Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

the hybrid GT3 that interested me went for the 24 hours of nurburgring...

it stayed ahead for 11 hours before some failure..

it will get a win.

(not a hybrid like toyota with 5700 pounds in energizer bunny batteries

it even makes use of a gyro type gadget, launching out of corners where energy is most sucking down petrol in races with curves... very clever. I still think its original drawing was on a speedster type with a 3 main boxr, but better than never to see the concept really did kick sime butt while it lasted in the race.
      Previously boxer3main

Comment

Sorry....have to do this. :D

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

gas 3 main boxers are more efficnet than battery powered cars... diesels are not alone.

and then the power returned as a factor just simply continues to make an ass of battery power. :

the gyro momentum stuff can be called hybrid, not to be confused as batteries being the only hybrid...and really hanging onto a source of power we all let go of, everytime we let off the thottle.

I encountered the crazy gyro ride.. and it was a 3 main boxer. no harmonic balnce, no front engine accessories.. the craziest 6 mile glide over a hill ever.

thought i was in a daydream ???
          Previously boxer3main

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main
            gas 3 main boxers are more efficnet than battery powered cars... diesels are not alone.

and then the power returned as a factor just simply continues to make an ass of battery power. :

the gyro momentum stuff can be called hybrid, not to be confused as batteries being the only hybrid...and really hanging onto a source of power we all let go of, everytime we let off the thottle.

I encountered the crazy gyro ride.. and it was a 3 main boxer. no harmonic balnce, no front engine accessories.. the craziest 6 mile glide over a hill ever.

thought i was in a daydream ???
            Seriously, were do you get this crap? What is the obsession with 3 main boxers?

Comment

woe.

did not know there was a**holes here.

if you got your head out of your wobbling 3100 you may learn something moron.

where do you get off asking me anyhting.. and WTF is with "obsession".. I do not have one wobbly v6 tard.

I learned every engine known to man...you got a loser. can I call you loser? >
              Previously boxer3main

Comment

My car's a high performance hybrid,
                It burns gas, and rubber

(I know it's not technically a hybrid, but I still find it funny)

Comment

Nice post, Brian. But that Swiss study applies to diesel and FULLY-electric powered cars. The Porsche 918 Spyder is a hybrid. The electric motor charges while the high-revving motor is doing all the work. No plug-in.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main
                    woe.

did not know there was a**holes here.

if you got your head out of your wobbling 3100 you may learn something moron.

where do you get off asking me anyhting.. and WTF is with "obsession".. I do not have one wobbly v6 tard.

I learned every engine known to man...you got a loser. can I call you loser? >
                    OK, were do you have any research showing that only a 3-main boxer gas engine is more efficient than battery power? I'm not one for battery power, but I have never seen anything saying that a 3-main boxer is more efficient than say, a 5-main boxer, or an inline 6 or anything else for that matter.

Seriously, why is the 3-main boxer so great? I've asked you in a couple of different threads where you go on about how great it is, but never an answer.

I'm not going to bother calling you names, or any of that crap, I just want to know why you think this engine is so great???

Comment

that battery is landfill acid , but diesel stinks

Comment

Hybrids are complicated, and expensive, but just about anything new, is.

Look under the hood of any new diesel.... you will find a horrifying complicated array of wires, hoses, coolers, modules, etc... extremely user hostile for the DIY folks. Same goes for just about anything NEW. (thank you EPA, CARB)

The problem with involving electricity in a vehicle's propulsion is the fact that there are NO free lunches when it comes to the conversion or storage of electrical power. You loose something at every turn.

Sure - it's great to reclaim some of the lost heat energy from braking, etc.

However - until someone comes up with a battery that is inexpensive, efficient, lightweight, and doesn't create an environmental hazard to build or dispose of, the internal comustion engine WINS - even with all it's shortcomings.

Here's something to think about - that most "green" folks don't quite grasp.

Let's talk gasoline internal combustion engine for a moment - Stoichometric air fuel ratio is 14.7:1 or close in most cases.

So - that means the vehicle is carrying around the liquid fuel - the :1 part.
                        HOWEVER - it doesn't have to carry around the air, the 14.7: part!

An electric device has to carry ALL it's power in the battery.
                        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
                        X