If it Bleeds, it Leads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If it Bleeds, it Leads

I lived in South Carolina for decades, and then I was called upon to travel for the company. There I am in a motel room watching the local news in Michigan, out of a station in Chicago.

Finally, after all those years I get to see how the REAL TV channels cover the news. I'd seen the Charlotte local news over and over forever and was looking forward to seeing the local coverage from a BIG city.

It's the same. They have cloned news readers, all real pretty . The news readers even looked the same as they did in Charlotte. They had to be medical clones. And the leading stories are about traffic wrecks or murders of whatever.

Local news, you can't beat it. But we don't always need it.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Re: If it Bleeds, it Leads

Somebody better check on Peewee. He dropped his keyboard and can't find it.

Ron
    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Yeah I did just that. Sorry. On a soap bench and fell off.

Comment

Actually, well, never mind. My fingers did it, and the computer did it, and then there I am looking at the screen where I had posted the message partially typed, and.......okay, it was gremlins. And now that I've fixed it on the screen, nobody even knows what we're talking about.

Computers. ya gotta love em. And I post too much stuff here anyhow. I'm addicted to BangShift. I like everybody here way too much. I can't stop. I've tried to stop. I can't stop.

peewee

Comment

You actually watch the news?...I haven't in well over a year, don't wanna know about all the BS going on ...
          Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

You should see the local news anchors around LA. Lifted, pulled, stuffed, filled, plugged, and botoxed by the gallon. It's interesting to hear them talk like ventriliquists.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
              1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Comment

Working...
              X