Clear All

• New Boss 302

Nice !!

Re: New Boss 302

i love fords new 5.0.

i can not wait for those to come in for dealer prep ;D

Comment

Between the GT, Shelby, Boss, and Roush Mustang there is no way a car like the Camaro could compete

Comment

Man, this is a great time to be in the market for some new muscle. Lots of good stuff going on. This one has my vote though.
        Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

Here is the new 5.0 broken down (w/ +'s and -'s):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdc7y...layer_embedded

Comment

Doesn't do anything for this cowboy... there's no replacement of the real deal.
            Nitrous, baby!!...

Comment

I kinda like it.....and that's coming from a Camaro guy.
              Originally posted by TC
              also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

as nice as this is..
                it's not like the namesake..
                the older one 69-70
                wasn't like a 70 mustang with a 302
                it was totally different in the way it drove and ran..
                this will be no different, or let me rephase this.. not different enough from a standard gt to make you go WOW

it will not be tempermental beast..

as seen as ford/g.m. and mopar will not build a real gearheads wet dream..
                if I had 35k burning a hole in my pocket.
                I'd buy either the ford 67-70 new body and new 5.0/and stick and make my own

but being a g.m. guy I'd get a 69 f body and a 427hp camaro ls and stick and irs and build my own..
                with no extras.. it weight in at 2500lb and fly ..
                the new cars as great as they are.. are fat. and need to see Jenny Craig

Comment

Originally posted by IRONHEAD
                  as nice as this is..
                  it's not like the namesake..
                  the older one 69-70
                  wasn't like a 70 mustang with a 302
                  it was totally different in the way it drove and ran..
                  this will be no different, or let me rephase this.. not different enough from a standard gt to make you go WOW

it will not be tempermental beast..

as seen as ford/g.m. and mopar will not build a real gearheads wet dream..
                  if I had 35k burning a hole in my pocket.
                  I'd buy either the ford 67-70 new body and new 5.0/and stick and make my own

but being a g.m. guy I'd get a 69 f body and a 427hp camaro ls and stick and irs and build my own..
                  with no extras.. it weight in at 2500lb and fly ..
                  the new cars as great as they are.. are fat. and need to see Jenny Craig
                  I think the days of a tempermental beast are long gone...and really, I don't think the masses would want something like that. You and I might think it's cool.
                  If you stack it up against the Challanger and the Camaro that you get now days, I think this will win.
                  Originally posted by TC
                  also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

no a/c on the real boss

Comment

boss was a tip of the hat to semon e 'bunkie' knudsen -boss of ford ...after moving over from gm

Comment

He was elected an executive vice-president of GM in 1965. He was head of GM's Overseas, Industrial, and Defense Operation in February 1968 when he created controversy by resigning to become president of the Ford Motor Company. Rumor at the time indicated this was prompted by being passed over for higher rank at GM (GM executive Ed Cole, father of the Corvair, got the top job). Henry Ford II was looking for a seasoned executive to take charge, allowing him to spend more time on outside activities, and so the opportunity was ripe. Certain GM-like styling cues in several Ford products attributable to Knudsen became reality starting in the fall of 1969 with the 1970 model year, including the new 'eagle beak' on the Thunderbird, which was similar to the V-nose grille found on the 1969 Pontiac Grand Prix, a sporty/luxurious model for which Knudsen ordered its initial addition to the Pontiac lineup for 1962 just before his move to Chevrolet.

Knudsen was also credited (and criticized) for ordering the design of a larger Mustang from a sporty compact ponycar to a heavier and almost-intermediate sized car for 1971, with much of the enlargement reported to be necessary in order to fit Ford's large 429 cubic-inch Cobra Jet V8 under its hood without extensive modifications (unlike the 1969-70 Boss 429 Mustang). However, by the time the '71 Mustang was introduced in September, 1970, the musclecar market had collapsed due to exoribitant insurance premiums and increasingly stringent emission regulations that led to the design of engines to run on unleaded gasoline. Very few Mustangs were ordered with the 429 engine, which was offered only in 1971 and then dropped for 1972. The plummenting sales of the larger Mustangs led Ford to return its ponycar to its roots beginning with a downsized Mustang in 1974 - being based upon the Pinto platform this was not well received by enthusiasts but fit well into its intended market.

Comment

Saw a new 5.0 Stang at the track last night. Lady driving it in the high 13.s
                          I R Bob
                          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Working...
                          X