2 door or 4 door car...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2 door or 4 door car...

I just bought a 4 door 62 catalina and im gonna be brining it back to the UK after the power tour. With a nice set of rims,airride and a little motor work it will be an awesome sleeper

Comment

I think 4drs are fine depending on what you want to do with them and what they are. Some cars the 4drs just look ungainly, others look as good if not better than thier 2dr counterparts. For racing... 4dr=wagon unless you're going super cheap or there is some sort of advantage, ie the Tiaunja Taxi. For cruising, I'd take one depending on what it is. I think they are perfect for the "comuter/econ rod" the DF was pitching a few months ago and even a decent show car, I've seen some pretty nice 4dr hardtop Nova's and the long lines of some of the full sized hardtops from the 60's are great. Can you think of anyone that can say no to a 61-67 Lincoln Continental suicide 4dr?
      Central TEXAS Sleeper
      USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Have to agree those lincoln's look super cool. They usualy turn up in films as well pretty sure there is one in both the Matrix and Bad Boys

Comment

I'd take a 2 door everytime unless the car has a tailgate. There are some models I actually prefer as a wagon. I like wagons alot I guess because they were cheap to buy back when I couldn't swing the change for a real muscle car. Now the good ones cost about the same as a nice 2 door model so it doesn't matter.

Comment

I'd drive this one 8)

Comment

I would prefer 4 doors over 2 as long as they are on two cars. I recently had to pass on a super clean 67 chevelle 396 because it had those two defects. I have seen some really cool four door customes out there but they just don't appeal to me. As the cost of most older cars is going up so fast, a four door is a good way to get something close to what you like for about 1/4-1/2 the dough.

Comment

I saw one of these on my way to work this morning.

I think it would make a real nice sleeper.

Comment

haven't seen one of those in a few years....still as fugly today as they were new.

2-doors, thanks.

Not that I'm averse to an extra set of doors, done right...see the Crewcab Chevelle for reference.

Saw a 4-door T-chicken a few pages back.......a friend's parents sold one almost identical(had red interior, 429 didn't run...tuneup was needed) for $1500.

They traded off a '51-52 Plymouth sedan for it.......

Comment

After watching DF's crew cab get the air ride and wheels installed I have found a new appreciation for the "more door". I particularly like the air ride approach on the 63-67 GM A bodies although I think it would look equally good on 62-70 Novas, 67-70 Darts and 60-69 Falcons
                    a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

if it has a motor,4 wheels and makes loud sounds i will drive it(o and there is a 4.3l and above rule for me)but now that i have grown up in my taste for cars im starting to find out i like "Odd" more and more so wagons fit the bill, 80' Malibu wagons are PURE MADNESS

Comment

Had to laugh at the outcome of this...it's virtually a 50/50 split... slightly in favor of the 2 door...

There you go.

Keith

Comment

I voted "never a 4-door" because we are talking hot rods here...

But the current object of my lust is a near original '39 Chrysler 4 door sedan that I saw for sale locally this past weekend. I would love to own that car just as it is....

Comment

Working...
                          X