Considering unloading some stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering unloading some stuff

I am seriously thinking about selling or just giving away some cars and other things I have. I wont get around to rebuilding them, I wont have the money to do anything on them for the next five years now. It feels like its time to let everything go. Some are in Nebraska, some are here, and in the not too distant future I wont have anywhere to work on them, hell finding a place to live will be tough even after those five years.

I am just giving up. I cant fight it anymore. If you want one, come talk to me and bring a trailer.

Re: Considering unloading some stuff

watcha got? Pictures?

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455
      I am seriously thinking about selling or just giving away some cars and other things I have. I wont get around to rebuilding them, I wont have the money to do anything on them for the next five years now. It feels like its time to let everything go. Some are in Nebraska, some are here, and in the not too distant future I wont have anywhere to work on them, hell finding a place to live will be tough even after those five years.

I am just giving up. I cant fight it anymore. If you want one, come talk to me and bring a trailer.
      Things will work out, It's got to be tough in the U.P. 5 years ago I never thought I would be in the position I am in.

Comment

more info needed.... i'm always looking. or if i can find somebody to help you out, i would be happy to.

Comment

No things wont work out, they only get worse. Im tired of fighting it and I dont want to see these cars go to a junkyard or the state. Pics are here:

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

The next five years? Honest question (although personal), are you going to prison? If not, what makes you so sure that things will only get worse?

Not that I can afford anything, but for the benefit of the others here, what are you holding onto?

Hope things get better for you.
            Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

Just remember the one with my name on it. I'll be up Saturday. Call me.
              Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

Comment

Is the fairlane in Nebraska or Michigan?

Truck is running, have a trailer with a winch, just need to find the time and money.

Let me know what you have to get for it, and what comes with it.
                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351
                  Is the fairlane in Nebraska or Michigan?

Truck is running, have a trailer with a winch, just need to find the time and money.

Let me know what you have to get for it, and what comes with it.
                  Thunderbolt! you need it! Like I need the Maverick

Comment

Tough news man. Hope things turn around.
                    Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

Todd - I have been through valley of death known as divorce for a car guy.... giving up the shop/house/garage/property, selling the car and parts (nowhere near your inventory but painful none the less)

I would encourage you to keep the faith and hold onto the ones that really matter, trim the fat, let go of the someday when you get around to it stuff.... and keep the stuff you KNOW you'll use.

I hope this is a passing thing and you'll be on to better things in much less than 5 years.

Shawn-
                      We can't fit two on my trailer - but I do have a gooseneck hitch in the bed - can you rent 2 - 3 car wedge trailers? ;D
                      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I know of a 2 car trailer I can rent ;D

Comment

5 years is only the financial part of it. Nebraska is taking most of what I get from my disability and leaving me enough to live indoors or eat, but probably not both. The other part of it is I live in a nightmare, day and night, my memories and horrible thoughts wont give me any peace. I work on cars to keep that from bothering me so much, but now it looks as though I wont be able to do anything with them.

The reason why I know it wont get better is because in the past 41 laps around the sun, it has progressively gotten worse. Now I am disabled, alone, broke, I have nightmares every night from my past and I just dont want to live like this anymore. It really is that simple. I have become a leech or a sponge however you want to look at it, and it will get far worse before it gets better. Like I said above, it hasnt gotten better yet, and every positive thing in my life ends up being taken away or just walking away. So this time I am giving them away. Everything else has happened to me with no input or choice on my part, this is my choice.

No matter how I have tried, struggled, fought, persevered, none of it has made a difference in my life. I know I have been a positive influence on others, and helped hundreds if not thousands of others, but it has not improved my life at all. Yes people have helped me, but the fact of the matter is I cant stand feeling like a leech, and with everything else I have to endure on a daily basis, it just isnt worth the effort.

When you see a guy with a cardboard sign saying he is a disabled veteran, it is probably someone just like me. To put it simply, I quit.

Comment

Todd, I will keep you in my prayers. There is One who will always help.
                            President, Wicked Rides Poland

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...eau-Club-Wagon

Comment

I hate to hear you are ready to give up, you have been a great inspiration for me as well as many others on here. You are obviously an intelligent man you have figured out a way to make your own fuel for pennies a gallon. Despite your disability you are still very good with your hands. It really sucks that you are getting racked over the coals. My suggestion is to find a cash gig. I know a guy that works on / builds hot rods in his spare time that charges $20 / hour "cash" could be good money for doing something you enjoy, or find someone to hire you that will pay cash. I have never had to start over but other have and made it through, you are fighter this is just another battle. Think outside the box you now need another source of income can you get a VA loan for a house or small business.
                              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                              1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                              ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                              X