drive in the GTS...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drive in the GTS...

Ok, just me, but ever since I got the paint done people actually ask me a lot about the ole Gran Torino.
    Last night, was headed to a car show, sitting at a light.
    Had the SUV next to me creep up and a guy starts asking me what kind of car I had, said Gran Torino Sport, and got a quized look, then I blurted "Like the car in the Clint Eastwood movie" and I got a car full of thumbs up, and like hell yeah.
    Some dude in the back seat said "light it up, and I was more than happy to smoke the car sideways a bit.
    In traffic, yes, stupid, but damn. Left me smiling just the dump the clutch and smokum'

Just one of those stupid random things that made me feel good.
    Andrew
    1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
    2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Re: drive in the GTS...

Funny how paint does that for the general populous, huh? Even in the car world, painting one is much closer to "finished". It's the rare trained eye that can spot a healthy project car.

Oh, and the verbal pat on the back is nice... especially when you get to back it up by laying some stripe.
    Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

first the paint
      then they look inside

Comment

What street and where were you being a bad boy? I want to know if I have been a bad boy in that location as well.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

You two would really be a pair of delinquents together I bet -
          Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
            What street and where were you being a bad boy? I want to know if I have been a bad boy in that location as well.
            ;D It was at 48th and Q. I had to ease out of it, 48th is horrible, and I only smoked it across Q and let off.
            Andrew
            1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
            2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Working...
            X