Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salvage or Junk Yards

Hey guys,

I know most of you are into the old hot rods and cars that shaped the american roadways. I however am not part of the hot rod community, but I know you guys are a great source of information.

I currently bought a 2000 Volkswagen Jetta. The car is in really good shape except for a few minor thinks on the interior. I'm looking for a place besides ebay to to find parts in the South Shore MA Area. Do you guys know of any Junkyards or Salvage Yards in the area? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: Salvage or Junk Yards

west bridgewater, behind massasoyate there is 4 j/y's
    and one is all imports
    it's 3 doors down from everets and beside r.c. truck..
    there is 4 j/y's in a row..
    also in bridgewater on 104 chuckrans, tho. thats not a u pick it yard. you call, they call you back if they have it or not. you pick up..
    if they don't have it they'll tell ya who does..
    interior parts don't do well in yards.. thats why chuckrans might be your best bet..
    u pick it yards, a holes leave doors and windows open and the weather kills the interior..

Comment

thanks.....i will def take a drive over there tomorrow and see what they have. i'm not looking for major interior parts, just center console things. looks like the guy who had the car before me didn't know how to pull anything a part and just jammed a flat head screw driver around the edge until this broke loose or he could figure out how it went together.

i guess the days of actually reading a manual to learn how to do it correctly are far long gone. i do appreciate the help and i will look into those places tomrrow. i do like more of the places where i can go and get it myself. never know what else you might find that you just have to have. haha.

Comment

Dude!

If you want to call me tomorrow feel free. I'm around all day and only live a few minutes from the 'yards. I have to go hunting for a seat for my big truck anyway.

Lemme know!

Brian
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

absolutely.....i'll call you in the morning. are you talking about the John Deer truck? you have that thing on the road yet?

Comment

Yeah, this seat is for Goliath, chipping away at it!

Comment

how much more do you have to do on it? your neighbors are just waiting for that to fire up and move it's ass out of the driveway so they don't have to look at it any more.

Comment

I think after the big boom http://www.bangshift.com/forum/index.php?topic=24325.0 they will be happy that it is "quiet"

welcome to BS by the way bGgH
                Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by goBIG_or_goHOME
                  how much more do you have to do on it? your neighbors are just waiting for that to fire up and move it's ass out of the driveway so they don't have to look at it any more.
                  With wide open pipes currently, the 'hood is loving it even more!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes

With wide open pipes currently, the 'hood is loving it even more!
                    you are so 'ghetto.
                    Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

the entire town is going to hate you and that truck! so your only looking for seats now for it? when will it be street ready? are you still looking for an 8' ladder to get your 5'2" body into the truck?

Comment

Sir, I'll have you know that I stand on my 4-year old's back to get in the truck.

Comment

i bet you do stand on his shoulders to get it in. how do you get him in the truck.....throw him a rope or do you just tell him it's dads toy so he has to go play in the dirt with the tyco?

Comment

guess u will not need my help..
                            have fun..

Comment

ironhead, don't feel left out......you can come to. i do appreciate you knowing the places to go. let me tell you, i was searching for nearly 2 days on the net and was about to give up unitl i got on this website!

Comment

Working...
                              X