Great lookin barn find Cobra 289.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great lookin barn find Cobra 289.

There were a lot of great cars, and a number of Cobras at the inaugural 2010 'Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion' (the first year since the 'Historic

I dig the original Cobra radio .

Re: Great lookin barn find Cobra 289.

how do you stumble on a find like this in a barn in the middle of nowhere? great looking Cobra, can't wait to see the pics after you do a full restoration!

Comment

As long I have been a fan of those cars and never knew they had a traverse leaf setup in the front. Also, never seen exhaust manifolds like that. Learn something new every day.
      Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

Originally posted by cantvalve16
        As long I have been a fan of those cars and never knew they had a traverse leaf setup in the front. Also, never seen exhaust manifolds like that. Learn something new every day.
        The 289's had the transverse leaf front and rear. I believe the leaf functioned as the upper A-arm. The 427 cars had a revised suspension. Upper and lower A-arms with coil springs, I think.

Comment

^^^^^ I'm with Steve on this one.
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

It's not a barn find, but is a pic of a cobra. My dad drove the ambulance for Mid America Raceway in the mid 60's and took some pictures while he was at it. This ranks as one of the coolest shot. slide was Dated 1965.

Comment

A legit Cobra... A ride I hope to pilot before I leave this world. Not some lollipop imitation.
              Nitrous, baby!!...

Comment

Working...
              X