Way back when

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way back when

Lifted this from another forum, thought you guys might enjoy this article about a certain Hemi Challenger and BB Mustang ;)

"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Re: Way back when

Oh, the good ole days of tunnel rams. I've seen print on the Mustang II, but not the tunnel rammed '73 Ranchero. That Challenger looks very familiar too.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

The September HOT ROD has a "where are they now" article on a few past feature cars. Two of them are Jack's Mustang II and the Challenger. The one that made me kind of sad was Tom Caldera's '69 Shelby, it's in pretty shabby shape but he still has it and is planning to restore it. That car blew me away in 1979.
      Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Can't help but love these old street racing articles. I remember reading one about a magazine guy getting ahold of a new Boss 351 and going street racing on Woodward. Always seemed like such a cool scene to me. The history of it all.
        Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

According to Tom Lisk, Steve's brother, the Mustang took them on the first run but that they beat him on the next three.

I remember the engine from Steve Lisk's Challenger was sold to a guy who dropped it in a Volare. I remember seeing one pic of that car, does anyone know what happened to it, or have any pics?
          "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Comment

tom caldera ? from port chester , NY ?
            that red shelby was nice 30 years ago

Comment

Working...
            X