Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone identify this old funny car body ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can someone identify this old funny car body ?

google?

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Here's a shot of the inside of the escape hatch. Maybe this will spur some memories. This "tank girl ? " is the only part of the original paint I can find exposed. As far as I can tell the car was indeed white at one time. I'm at a loss for how to remove the exterior re- paint and still leave the original paint underneath. The body was definitely used at some time in its life. There is a fair amount of rubber stuck to the underside as a result of the burnouts.

Thanks for posting the google images. I spent a couple hours last night researching old funny car photos and I must have looked at thousands of them. These cars are hard to identify no doubt. I just wish the manufacturers had affixed an ID plate or decal to all of them when they were molded.

Dean

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I am gonna shoot this photo over to Unkefer and Kamada and see if they can recall who drove the car.

Ron
        It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Yes, I've seen this car. It is NOT a Berretta but a concept car that GM never put into production. It was a design picked by high ranking GM executives from a contest held at a local mall. They thought they had a "sure-fire" success when they saw the play-dough rendering of little Jimmy Fernbuckle. The project was rushed through with the intention of raising public attention by releasing it as a funny car first. In 1982 the car ran at the " Lotsa-Bull Nationals" in Lost Cause, Nebraska. The name Kenehuke (pronounced Kenny-Hookee) is Indian for "one who goes fast on fire". The car driven by relatively unknown Rusty Crank who came out of retirement from injuries recieved from the jealous boyfriend of race queen Jenny "Jiggles" Spredfuther who Rusty was "tuning" up in his trailer. The car, who other drivers deemed "undriveable" made only 1 pass at the hands of Rusty. The car smoked the tires at the hit of the throttle but Rusty pedaled and steered through it. The car swung wildly from wall to center line several times only to be reigned in by Rusty's deft reactions. But the mighty Hemi was pedaled one too many times and true to the name emblazoned on the side, erupted into a massive ball of flames. Crossing the finish line backwards yet remaining in bounds Rusty won his first round in quite some time. Burning off the chutes Rusty had his hands full. The car rocketed towards the end of the run off area the body blew off and went high into the evening sky settling gently to the ground as if God himself placed it there. The slicks causing the car to bounce and clear the catch fence. The car sailing into a corn field and out of sight. The dry husks of corn popping with the stuccato sound of a machine gun. When the fire was finally extinguished all that remained was smoking hulk of twisted frame and a mountain of nitro flavored pop corn. Rusty's body was never found. The track was closed after this one and only race due to the law suit filed by the neighboring farmer who's corn crop was lost. Some say if you venture out to the abandoned track on a warm summers evening you can hear the distant roar of a top fuel Hemi and the smell of hot pop corn. The names of the characters in this story were not changed to involve the innocent and all facts contained within are solely of the authors imagination. Hope you enjoyed.

Comment

^^^ freakin' awesome
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Hey Scorpio......... nice thread killer ! Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X