Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drove from Los Angeles to Riverside, CA...and lived to tell the tale!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Drove from Los Angeles to Riverside, CA...and lived to tell the tale!!!

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
    Originally posted by Shannon
    Laughing maniacally while changing lanes usually clears out the timid.
    Is that how you get around Scott? ;)
    That and my loud, scary car. Looking crazy while driving that car guarantees no one will cross in front of me in cross walks no matter how much I wave them on. I guess I just have that look of someone who dumps clutches and mows down people. 8) 8) 8) It's why I always to make the car look the part with body parts and parts of walkers and crutches stuck in the grille.
    And here I thought it was the missing right side lens in your sunglasses that made them think twice! ;)

Comment

Having "kill" stickers on you door raises a few eyebrows also. :D
      Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

my most effective traffic tool was painting a big toothy smile with a motorcycle stuck in its teeth.... on the front differential of a lifted Chev Blazer running 40s.... in most cars you could see that right in the middle of your rearview mirror.... of course, sometimes I had to get close enough for them to distinguish the features ;D
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Too bad I can't mark up the rental car! ;) I did notice something today that I've never seen before in my travels on the U.S....razor wire on road signs hanging on the overpass. Is that to keep the taggers away? Also, I've also noticed that they don't have any marker signs at the exits denoting gas stations, restaurants, and such.

But on a good note, my meeting ended a day early. I'd like to go and take a look around tomorrow. Any ideas?

Comment

And, I drive here for a living. :P

Give and take don't exist. Want to change lanes? Don't bother signaling, just move when you have a hole big enough. Assertive driving is what you need here, not defensive, not aggressive. Somewhere in the middle.
            Same here.

I drive a E250 van all over LA with Justice Brothers plastered all over it. Are those shorter than what you drive?

Comment

Originally posted by autoxcuda
              And, I drive here for a living. :P

Give and take don't exist. Want to change lanes? Don't bother signaling, just move when you have a hole big enough. Assertive driving is what you need here, not defensive, not aggressive. Somewhere in the middle.
              Same here.

I drive a E250 van all over LA with Justice Brothers plastered all over it. Are those shorter than what you drive?
              I'm mostly in a Suburban these days. About the same size, but slightly smaller blind spots. I can see office buildings in my blind spots, but semi's seem to sneak in those blind spots and hide on me.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Too bad I can't mark up the rental car! ;) I did notice something today that I've never seen before in my travels on the U.S....razor wire on road signs hanging on the overpass. Is that to keep the taggers away? Also, I've also noticed that they don't have any marker signs at the exits denoting gas stations, restaurants, and such.

But on a good note, my meeting ended a day early. I'd like to go and take a look around tomorrow. Any ideas?
                Razor wire is for the taggers, yes. Without it you'd see the crap all over. Marker signs for restaurants etc. just get too complicated in the metro area although there are some here-and-there.

Like to drive? Take either the 215 or the 15 south (they intersect eventually) and find 74 west through Lake Elsinore, where it becomes the Ortega Highway and heads up the hill. There's a turnout near the top where you can stop and look back at the valley and have a bite to eat...we -may- have had a beer there once or twice in the afternoon.... Then you can follow the highway through the mountains out to San Juan Capistrano, it's a popular weekend cruise for the bikers etc.

The only thing is, once you're out to I-5 you either have to turn around and go back the way you came or wade through Orange County up to 91 to get back, and you already know to stay off 91 east after 3pm.

Comment

Irwindale is tonight, Thursday. 5-10pm have your bags packed and leave from Irwindale and get to LAX several hours early-lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ethelkilledfred
                    Irwindale is tonight, Thursday. 5-10pm have your bags packed and leave from Irwindale and get to LAX several hours early-lol.
                    Oooh, that sounds like something right up my alley. I think I'll make that drive up there today! What will you be racing there?

Comment

Originally posted by ethelkilledfred
                      Oooh, that sounds like something right up my alley. I think I'll make that drive up there today! What will you be racing there?

Sorry, I was not planning on going, my car is still not done. All this talk about scrap metal, I have been spending my time lately getting rid of some cars that I have had no plans in the near future for. Cars like a 97 Ford Taurus with blown tranny, car has alum panels and fenders, 96 Toyota Camary with a blown motor, 87 Honda blown tranny and an old pick up truck with no motor or tranny or rearend. These guys I have been dealing with in the past on small scrapmetal junk like car batteries, broken blocks, shot cranks, are paying me and they are helping me clean up the yard, it does not get any better than that. I was going to pay to get rid of these cars to make more room and then I read about how everyone is making banking on scrapmetal.

Comment

Working...
                      X