Holy Crap!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Holy Crap!!

Looks to me like he never even tried to hit the brakes-never saw brake lights in the video. Did he fall asleep or have a medical condition that left him knocked out?
    Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbuds1
      I don't think the speed had that much do do with it,,,,, it was the rapid deceleration that was the biggest factor. ;D
      truer words have not been said lol
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

If he didnt some kind of diabetic seizure, he needs to get back in to receive his brain. I've witnessed a near identical accident with a driver who had a seizure with the cruise on, just moving at half that speed.

I knew a guy who carried a stack of bumper stickers that said "Warning, driving while stupid". He would lean out of the passsenger window and slap it on peoples cars whom deserved it. Funny, he never owned a car.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Makes me think of the time I was shootin' radar along side of one of our state highways. I would sit around a blind curve at the bottom of an on ramp/overpass. The traffic couldn't see the P/C either until they got to the bottom of the ramp, and it was very dimly lit at night.

Sitting there one night, hardly any traffic, just killing time till end of shift. All of a sudden I hear a crash, and see sparks coming down the ramp and onto the highway. Honestly, it scared the crap outta me! I actually thought a plane crashed or something since I didn't see any headlights or any other traffic.

After a few seconds I looked down the highway, and about 300 yards or so I see two people stand up kinda staggering around looking at wreckage and debris all over the road. Come to find out out, they were two teenagers on brand new motorcycles (crotch rocket types) and they had been racing down the on ramp. As they got to the gore, they saw the light bar of the P/C over the jersey barrier, and both hit the brakes hard causing front wheel lock ups. They got into each other, crashed and slid down the roadway. I was able to determine the one bike's speed to be between 117 mph and 123 mph when he first locked up the brakes!

My guess is that that kid was hauling a$$ down the highway, didn't see the cop until the last minute and panicked, losing control....Speed doesn't kill, it the sudden stop that does ....
          Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

^^^^^^ is it why I think c/p on side of road at rush hour is a public safety hazzard,, they cause more wrecks,,
            yes it's the fools in the cars fault the are rubbernecking and hit the car infront of them..
            but the p/c cause more problems at rush hour than anything else out on the road

Comment

Originally posted by IRONHEAD
              ^^^^^^ is it why I think c/p on side of road at rush hour is a public safety hazzard,, they cause more wrecks,,
              yes it's the fools in the cars fault the are rubbernecking and hit the car infront of them..
              The one I had was at 11pm ....

What was that fool doing going 100 mph in rush hour traffic and more to the point, how do you do 100 mph in bumper to bumper rush hour traffic?

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster
                Originally posted by IRONHEAD
                The one I had was at 11pm ....

What was that fool doing going 100 mph in rush hour traffic and more to the point, how do you do 100 mph in bumper to bumper rush hour traffic?
                no, just say'n that the cruiser on the side of the hyway at rush hour. causes rubbernecking that = wrecks.. it's become more of a safety hazzard than that texting crap..
                not the cops fault, he's just doing his job.. but it causes more wrecks and traffic nightmares than that 50 buck ticket was worth. mho

Comment

My old dept actually had a policy against "stationary patrol" during the typical rush hour times, maybe that's what they were trying to address.

Comment

I was sitting at a red light years ago when someone came barreling through, bounced off another car and went right into a gas station and knocked a pump over...It started a huge fire. As it turned out that person had a seizure.
                    I wonder if something similar happend to that kid in the trans am, I didn't see any brake lights either.
                    Originally posted by TC
                    also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

looked like a suicide attempt to me. Kid got busted for pot and drinking shortly before this happened. twocents.
                      Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

I-675.....believe the speed limit is 65 MPH(I know it is from I-70 down to the US 35 eastbound exit ramp).

Regardless, there was EXTREME stupidity involved here....I'd say with the LEO finding traces of mary-jeoo-wanna in the car with the previous stop, he was likely stoned to the bone and not giving a damn when his Firechicken decided to take flight.

It's a miracle he survived that impact, and an even bigger miracle that no one else was involved.

Comment

Working...
                        X