Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

are 010 350 blocks worth anything anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are 010 350 blocks worth anything anymore?

i've got 5 of them, just wondering what they might be worth.

Re: are 010 350 blocks worth anything anymore?

Not as much as they used to be worth, I think. I have one that I haven't really tried to sell....I sort of tried to sell it for $200 a while back, but the guy never came and got it.

There's one on ebay that was offered for sale during the last month at $100 and got no bids.

Oh yeah....I did sell one recently, it was cracked, and in my scrap pile, I got eight cents a pound for it. Whatever that works out to.
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I think you'll find that the newer, one piece rms roller blocks fetch more than the high nickel blocks do these days. Not that they fetch a lot, either.

A Chevy 350 block is like a dead hooker. We all have three or four of 'em kicking around the shed.

Comment

I gave away one(96 vortec roller to a fellow Bang shifter. Those LS motors really killed the core value!

Comment

Complete virgin 4 bolts bring about $100 bucks around here ... unless you find one laying in the street.
          Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

i see a bunch of compleate running engines on CL for $300 or less blocks seem to be $80 if that

Comment

i guess it depends on where you live and what kind of salesman you are... it's only worth what someone will pay
              Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

I've seen a lot of them listed on craigslist, ebay and local want-ads for 75.00-150.00 for a bare block and around 300.00 for a complete engine. I dropped a virgin 010 350 block from a '76 Vette at the machine shop yesterday to have it vatted, bored .030 over, and checked for cracks or any damage. They're going to furnish and install new cam bearings also, all this for 150.00. I don't know if that sounds cheap to you, but I'm surprised that's all it cost in today's economy.

Comment

I'd get charged $160 just for the bore.
                  BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

ahhh Scott... but you get to live in LA which means you LIKE paying more for less....

Comment

heres what I pay....

Reading , Pa
                      Good Guys rodders rep.
                      "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                      Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

150$...that was cheap..i had to drive 300miles one way,and pay 300$ to get a block bored...good thing i took 3 blocks with me and 4 cranks on the same trip..

Comment

I'm lucky. My local guy has two grades, a "good enough" spec, hot tank, mag, bore, hone on a block is $100. A "full on" where the bores are matched to the pistons, line honed, and decked, runs around $300 and about the same to balance a rotating assembly.

As for 010 blocks, I thought the point was that they were 4bolts... I didn't think they were "high nickel." Even then, I wouldn't pay more then $100 for a known good core.
                          Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

350's are still fairly easy to get as anyone knows.....Keep your eyes out for the 400's.
                            Originally posted by TC
                            also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

John - your location close to summit must have lowered your machining costs - or you get the buddy discount - that's very very reasonable. There are fewer shops around detroit than there once were - the big ones are expensive but do really good work (Livernois for example).

Does anybody do real good old fashioned nothing left but the iron hot tanking anymore? Seems all I can find are shops that have the big "washing machine" which does clean it up nicely - but leaves plenty of paint behind. Unless I want to take it to a big industrial dip it in a huge vat type of place.... but then you have to machine EVERYTHING when it comes out - including honing lifter bores, line hone, bore, etc.
                              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
                              X