Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

are 010 350 blocks worth anything anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: are 010 350 blocks worth anything anymore?

I always think of the years of the blocks.

There is many stampings, almost undecipherable.. I found a book in the 90s by motorbooks international, some guy single handed deciphered 99.9 of the blocks pre-one seal.

I was so enthused, I rummaged through a dumpster of a salvage yard going out of business...this book in hand.

a rule of thumb: if it came with low compression, 1970s right in to 1987.. let the piece of shit go.(I am quite serious)

there is reasons for low performance.. for awhile I knew some that kep tthe 305 just knowing that it did not matter about the castings to question, because displacement was dropped enough to get some miles...rather slow, but it is a v8 option.

Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351
      John - your location close to summit must have lowered your machining costs - or you get the buddy discount - that's very very reasonable. There are fewer shops around detroit than there once were - the big ones are expensive but do really good work (Livernois for example).
      No buddy discount, just a LOT of hungry machinists hanging on by a thread around here. It also helps that I usually do about an engine a year, pay cash, and don't complain when he says the block needs something. He also turns the "dip and hones" around in less then a week... that's the most reasonable part.
      Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

I'm working at a machine shop now, part time...racing the rest of the time....
        I can probably clear some room if you walked in with 2 bills and wanted a machined, tanked, new plugs, cam bearing 350.....Got about a dozen of them on the floor.
        I'll get the exact price this weekend, but if you want one, we have 'em.
        Originally posted by TC
        also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Working...
        X