My new ride.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new ride.....

Went to see a guy about a trade, his car was brand new, frame off last year, crate motor, trans etc....not sure why he did it, but hey.....1956 olds 88 holiday sedan.....
    let me know what you think.....

Re: My new ride.....

Cool. I like that it's different from the norm.

Comment

Originally posted by yellomalibu
      Thanks, me too. I have a thing for pillarless 4drs, and an olds is a rarity around here. My last car was much much faster but this one is way cooler to drive, pw st, pw brakes, and very slow and loud....i love it....might need an hp bump tho, 290hp crate motor is not near enough for a car this big....im leaning towards a under hood 4-71 or go weird and stay slow but when i get the pin stripping done run 3 deuces and, retro valve covers and leave the hood off for awhile....not sure yet...

Comment

Originally posted by BYGDDY
        Originally posted by yellomalibu
        Thanks, me too. I have a thing for pillarless 4drs, and an olds is a rarity around here. My last car was much much faster but this one is way cooler to drive, pw st, pw brakes, and very slow and loud....i love it....might need an hp bump tho, 290hp crate motor is not near enough for a car this big....im leaning towards a under hood 4-71 or go weird and stay slow but when i get the pin stripping done run 3 deuces and, retro valve covers and leave the hood off for awhile....not sure yet...
        Being different is Oh So Much Better........ Nice ride.......

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
        1966 Plymouth Fury III
        2014 Dodge Ram 1500
        Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
        Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Sa-weet!

I think the 55-57 Olds is probably my favrourite GM car from the Tri-Five era. There's just something about the roof and body lines that make it look like it has a chop. It looks totally badass even in stock trim.

Comment

love that car
            ww dixie dancekings

Comment

if it were mine the only thing I would do is toss on some wider white walls, 290hp and all..she would get driven everywhere everyday......that thing is oozes cool...pinstripes will really set it off...whoever says 4drs aint cool is a tool!
              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                love that car
                ww dixie dancekings
                Jim was thinking the same thing as me. Paint it black and gold just like the one Burt Reynolds drove in the movie, even tho it was a 55.

Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

You know, there has been alot of talk about turbos around here lately. This would be great with around 12 psi. Just jokin'. That would kinda kill the retro vibe. But a heads, cam, intake, carb swap never hurt anyone. Ooh, dual carters for the retro kick.
                  Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

Originally posted by mustang13
                    love that car
                    ww dixie dancekings
                    Jim was thinking the same thing as me. Paint it black and gold just like the one Burt Reynolds drove in the movie, even tho it was a 55.

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY2
                      if it were mine the only thing I would do is toss on some wider white walls, 290hp and all..she would get driven everywhere everyday......that thing is oozes cool...pinstripes will really set it off...whoever says 4drs aint cool is a tool!
                      Home made wide whites on the way, just a grinding disk away...lol. And yah, some striping soon, waiting to see a guy at the tattoo place i use to see what he can do. And i do drive it nearly everyday, work, groceries etc....loving it. THanks for the kind words...

Comment

grinding sidewalls ???????hmmm

Comment

grinding sidewalls ???????hmmm
                          How to make your own wide white wall tires from any narrow white wall or raised white letter tire. As always, you do this at your own risk.

Tried it on a set of old tires at the shop fri, turns out it works, we then cut them and there is very little material actually grinded off. Got one tire done, it looks right before we cut it up to look at the thickness difference....minimal...so yah, grind the ones i have...looks ok, cost is zilch...or spend 1000.00 from coker......nah......im cheap....

Comment

nice
                            would love to have it
                            The youngest guy on the board
                            76 vega
                            86 fiero

Comment

love that car
                              ww dixie dancekings