Time to leave the country

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to leave the country

This kid should have left after his accident this week in his dads Cobra. Was a factory Shelby car serialized with a 427 and all the goodies, he survived with hardly any injuries, but I think dad will change that. ;D
    Read latest breaking news, updates, and headlines. Leader Post offers information on latest national and international events & more.

Re: Time to leave the country

If you click on the link and look closely at the pics you can see the License still attached to the trunk lid. The last 3 letters are BLT (Better Leave Town!)

Comment

98 inches wheel base... 60 inch stance... inches off the ground, a v8 cradled, half shafted independent all the way around...

I'd like to see how in frucking hell he rolled it four times.

I do not believe it at all. ???

I have a j-tin flapping in the wind 18 inches taller that needs damn near an act of supernatural to roll over...
      with the same stance and wheelbase (within .5 inch of a cobra either direction)
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

"Don't worry Dad. It'll buff out." ;) ;D

Comment

If you scroll through the pictures, you will see that it's autographed by Shelby himself. Kid, pack your bags, don't look back and get a one-way ticket to the island of Puka-Puka. Learn to fish and don't ever surface again.
          Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

I suppose Shelby wouldn't lend his signature to a "kit car". This spoiled kid needs to be weened, and pay for his own cars or ride his bicycle. If you don't pay for it, you don't take care for it.
            President, Wicked Rides Poland

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...eau-Club-Wagon

Comment

Well.its clearly a fibre body,and i thought Shelby Cobras used aluminium bodys even on the continous series...what gives it away,is that the body have cracked..if it was a aluminium body as the originial,it would have been crinkled and battered.

Bad enough though ;).

Comment

Originally posted by Blazerteam
                Well.its clearly a fibre body,and i thought Shelby Cobras used aluminium bodys even on the continous series...what gives it away,is that the body have cracked..if it was a aluminium body as the originial,it would have been crinkled and battered.

Bad enough though ;).
                I noticed that, too. Though I don't know much about what makes a "real" cobra, I thought they were aluminum bodied, and don't know how the owner got Shelby to autograph this car.

A guy who used to work at Orlando Speedworld (maybe still does?) Had a new mustang GT, and was able to get Shelby to sign his car in that same location... So perhaps Shelby's signature in that location doesn't mean anything more than simply an autograph... a coveted one for sure, but still...

Comment

the article calls it a kit car, - doubt if the real deal would be street driven at all

Comment

If you go to the Shelby American website you will find that continuation cars are available in fiberglass, carbonfiber and aluminum. This was a fiberglass car and yes it's a continuation car cause I personally saw the tag on the car at one of the local cruise nights :P

Comment

Ah, if Dad was Dumb enough to lend a 20yr old a vehicle with the power to weight ratio of a Jato Rocket then im sure he
                      a: Can afford to lose it
                      B: is just happy the kid isnt dead or crippled.
                      I know if my boy or Daughter smacked up my truck or hotrod (not worried bout moms car) My first concern would be their well being. Then the questions about booze or dope would happen. Assuming all the right answers then a driving school type deal and start giving me monthly payments to build a new one together.....

Comment

kit kar ...build another
                        all the real shelby cobras are under lock and key

Comment

this si why my offspring will never drive my cars.....

i know how i was in high school LOL :D

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Dippy
                            this si why my offspring will never drive my cars.....

i know how i was in high school LOL :D
                            I used to hear that from my Dad growing up," never gonna drive anything of mine, get a job and buy your own car, take the bus"....yada yada yada....That made me a pissy teenager who happened to be auto obssesed, which led to the
                            "fuk it, he isnt gonna let me so i will just steal it while he is at work" Don't get me wrong, i was as dumb as a post back then but........I stole the car, got caught, got kicked outa the house, homeless for a good couple of years, zero education, all ending in grand fashion with me locked up in a 4by8 room......sooo, both my spawn know if their marks in school stay good, they stay outa drugs, they pay for their own gas, and they continue making responsible choices with their lives then they can drive anything i own....cept maybe the lawn tractor, that's mine and they can't have it....

Comment

Working...
                            X