Thoughts on TDI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on TDI?

good mileage, handles great.... thoughts?
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Re: Thoughts on TDI?

volkswagon tdi ?
    Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

thank you CARB for limiting diesel sales
      aveos get better gas mileage

Comment

I'd do one.

I even tried a diesel rabbit of way bak when.

for 5 bucks or so, gas at less than a buck..
        bangor maine to boston, drove around then came home...

???

of course if more diesels were allowed, the mercedes and hilux and I even spotted isuzu troopers with the rare option for america... they would be all over the place in popular. many machines aout there. Why VW is killing us with a midget could only be some ass flying first vengeance within their feminist group...
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
          thank you CARB for limiting diesel sales
          aveos get better gas mileage
          BS. Plus, I would not be caught dead in an Aveo, AKA Dawoo product...

A VW TDI Golf is a GTI with diesel running gear... At least for 2010 and newer, the VW Jetta wagon is head and shoulders above anything the Aveo may calim to be.

Buying GM for the sake of buying GM is what put it in the Shite house in the first place.

What really make me laugh is that GM offers diesel power in Europe...

Comment

Daewoo is Obamamotors -the General took over daewoo ten years ago
            the USA is a much more sensitive environment than stinky damp europe

volkswagen in the lowest csi car sold in the USA ....the customers seem to hate them

Comment

check www.vwvortex.com HUGE and I mean HUGE vw forum, more info on TDI there than you will ever need, A friend of mine in phoenix had a tdi jetta wagon, did a few performance upgrades to it, was getting 50+mpg and dyno'd something like 350+ hp at the wheels, coarse it helped his dad was in charge of the vw proving grounds outside phoenix and had engineers tweaking on his car all the time
              Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

up here in ontario and especially quebec,people love them...my dad had his second VW product since 1956..and he loved it...

nice cars,but no thanx for me..
                "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

I'd love to give one a drive, I like the concept of a nice little turbo diesel in a quality car that you can live with every day.

Comment

doesn't make diesel any easier to work on , the factories think you should work on them for free , though the parts are insane expensive ,, therefore I will always detest light duty diesels

Comment

Two guys I know got TDI's for their wives... decent little units.

Here's my thing: they hold their value extremely well. I'm the type to buy a car with 40-60k and drive it until it shot, as in 200k shot. We bought our Mazda 6 for half of what a comparable year and milage TDI would have cost. Our Mazda 6 gets 35 mpg as compared to 45 as reported by the guys I know who own TDI's, so the fuel savings is substantial but not substantial enough.

Miles per dollar says get something else, IMO.
                      The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

id love to own a TDI jetta, you can find a nice inspected mkII for around $1500 here

Comment

very nice cars, i would own one if I needed another car......what I NEED is to finish my fairlane!
                          67 Fairlane 434 ci/464 hp/488 tq-RIP
                          05 GTO torrid red/red gut, LS2, Auto (my knees hurt!)

Comment

don't forget your rainbow sticker :D
                            sorry not for me, to costly for not much better milage..
                            I get 33 and 28 in a car that was 15k.. and will make it passed 250k
                            without much work..
                            injector pumps and turbos are costly when they go south..
                            I can buy two of my cars for what the jetta wagon diesel cost..
                            and can load it up with what the HHR handles..
                            the bookkeeper at work has the wagon. audi(same p.o.s.
                            and it was bumper drag'n with half of what I load into my wagon..

Comment

not defending av eee ohs , just that the stinkness of diesel is not making happy people
                              rev al says diesel gives the children asthma

Comment

Working...
                              X