No announcement yet.

Diesel Drifting with a Mercedes wagon..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesel Drifting with a Mercedes wagon..

We're all loving this Mercedes W123 Drift car from Finland :) See more for videos of it in action :) and And this just in! Simply awesome

Check out the vids..awesome stuff.

Re: Diesel Drifting with a Mercedes wagon..

Simply awesome stuff?
    +1

crazier than a ten geared subaru. :o
    I would love to take one in as a project.
    I think I know what to offer up as a trade :
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I caught footage from somewhere else last night. Reportedly, it has a turbo system off of a Scania (think SAAB big rig for the Americans) hooked to the diesel..no wonder it's boosting like that.
      Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Thank you, Arild. That was SICK! Nothing beats Mercedes diesel. The motor looks to be newer (like 90s). That inline-6 came out of a E300 diesel.

Comment

THIS is why my parents need the internet!My Dad will take his '84 300td to the grave! He would laugh his butt off watching that vid! That,BTW,would be a very good thing he had a stroke 10 years ago that really has just about shut him down emotionally.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferrari812
            Thank you, Arild. That was SICK! Nothing beats Mercedes diesel. The motor looks to be newer (like 90s). That inline-6 came out of a E300 diesel.
            The high revving makes it sound more like the OM series out of the w123 chassis to me. The later diesels with the aluminum heads were junk, I doubt they could be built to take that kind of abuse (on that guy's budget anyways). The 123 diesels - inline 5 - are what came in that chassis originally, and they revved to 5500rpm stock (!!).

I'm betting that the turbo setup is SMALL, not a large truck-sized one, because of how quickly it spools when he gets on the throttle. Or maybe he's using a hit of nitrous - there's not much black smoke for the amount of power he's obviously making.
            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

somewhere deep in the bowels of this site there's a thread about the disaster that was my '95 E300 Diesel with the 606.910 inline 6 24 valve aluminum head mechanical injection engine.

the most painful and expensive learning lesson of my life on car that was supposed to be a daily driver that SAVED me money on fuel :
              - I should never have let my wife convince me the w123 were too old.

no more ferin cars for me! ;D

these guys are having barrel of monkeys fun with a car that I would guess is a throw away over there.

Doing something similar with an inline six turbo'd falcon wagon - or similar - would be a riot!
              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
              X