Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Used car prices up

Originally posted by milner351
    one of the best ways to buy a used car is to buy one you're familiar with - and know how to fix - then buy one with a common known problem - buy low, fix, then drive.
    Uh John....we all know, that you know, that this can also bite you in the ass!

Comment

a lot of the up in prices thing is affecting a few vehicles more than others. Newer trucks are up in prices, SUVs are up in prices and certain other cars , its not that all cars are bringing 3500 more .

yeah a lot of cars and trucks are on Craigslist, but I laugh my ass off at what people try to sell for $2000, not to say their isnt some good deals, but a lot of junk is out there also.

most of those cars that didnt go to CforC didnt qualify by not being owned for a year by the driver , or not being a gas guzzler, or the people didnt have the jobs or credit to buy a new car.

If you could only go back and look at Toyyota FJ prices, 2004-2009 F150's ,you could see the jump

Comment

And Ironhead, it's not that you can't search Craigslist and find a bunch of cars for under $1500, because you can, but once you actually go out and look at what you are getting for $1500 - most of them should be in the scrap yard. Ask me how I know...

Not to mention that there also seems to be a lot of really good "deals" on Craigslist that never respond when you send an email... I really think that there are a lot of bogus ads just gathering email addy's for free... Of course I have no proof of this, but we have sent messages out on a bunch of really nice decent cars for screaming deals and never get responses...
        Still plays with trucks....

Comment

Originally posted by ford141
          And Ironhead, it's not that you can't search Craigslist and find a bunch of cars for under $1500, because you can, but once you actually go out and look at what you are getting for $1500 - most of them should be in the scrap yard. Ask me how I know...

Not to mention that there also seems to be a lot of really good "deals" on Craigslist that never respond when you send an email... I really think that there are a lot of bogus ads just gathering email addy's for free... Of course I have no proof of this, but we have sent messages out on a bunch of really nice decent cars for screaming deals and never get responses...
          sorry, again not buy'n it..
          I just spent a w end helping a neice look at cars.. all under a grand.. 86 old cutlass, old lady was selling it.. 1" think of service paperwork, one owner.. neeed 2 tires soon,, and valve cover gaskets
          1994 regal high miles 180k new waterpump/brakes/bTTERY/ALT/BELTS/HOSES/RAD/BRAKES/TIRES ARE HALF GONE.. 900.OO
          1991 F 150 INLINE6 STICK LONG BED FADED PAINT USED ONLY SUMMERS TO TOW BOAT.. LOW MILES BUT NEEDED BRAKE LINES.. 850.00

1999 CHEVY TRUCK 1500 4.8 AUTO LONG BED DIRTY BUT NOT A ROT BOX 1100.OO
          1994 S-10 WAS 1200.OO FORD RANGER NEEDING A WINDSHIELD 750.OO
          PONTIAC 6000 45K GARAGED OLD LADY SELLING IT.. DOOR LOCKS DRIVERS SWITCH NEEDED, AND TWO HEADLIGHTS 699.OO
          1992 OR 3 SUNBIRD CONVERT 1300.OO NEEDED NOTHING. OTHER THAN A RADIO..

Comment

Originally posted by ford141
            Not to mention that there also seems to be a lot of really good "deals" on Craigslist that never respond when you send an email... I really think that there are a lot of bogus ads just gathering email addy's for free...
            really, ya think?

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Working...
            X