A/C repair needed near Burbank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/C repair needed near Burbank

I have a Carrier unit from about '97 on my house that's acting up. I'd rather keep the money in the community here if possible. Anyone know their shit out there? Thanks
    STUGOTS

Re: A/C repair needed near Burbank

Acting up how??

I do all my own A/C repair. The only thing I don't mess with is the charging part.

Comment

Originally posted by TubbedCamaro
      Acting up how??

I do all my own A/C repair. The only thing I don't mess with is the charging part.
      It appears the heat/AC part are coming on, but no blower motor to circulate the air. I tried a start condensor. I had a guy look this A.M., he seemed to be stumped, and made comment that the Carrier was more complex than others
      STUGOTS

Comment

so the in house blower motor is not going? is the out side fan going?
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

just blow out the condenser ......

Comment

Originally posted by groucho
            Acting up how??

It appears the heat/AC part are coming on, but no blower motor to circulate the air. I tried a start condensor. I had a guy look this A.M., he seemed to be stumped, and made comment that the Carrier was more complex than others
            The blower motor will be hooked up to a capacitor, if the capacitor is bad(common) the blower motor will not run.

Look at the capacitor and see if it is ballooned or if oil is leaking out of it. Those are dead giveaways to it being bad.

I guess the question is was the guy able to jump the blower motor to make it work?? As the blower motors are common failure parts.

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY2
              The motor on the roof unit that blows air through the house isn't working. And it has a LOT of wires going to it. Some variable bla bla something or other
              STUGOTS

Comment

The motor on the roof unit that blows air through the house isn't working. And it has a LOT of wires going to it. Some variable bla bla something or other
                ugh, i had an issue with mine like that and it was some sort of fuse, huge fuse...good luck man....
                If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Don't be afraid of the wires, three of them are going to be the ones that power it, most likely the motor is 220v. So you will have two powers and a ground. Two wires will have a connector that connects the two, those wire is for the direction that the motor spins, then there will be two brown wires that go to the capacitor.

The good thing is a replacement motor will have the same colored wires as the one you took out so just match the wires back up and your in business. Also I usually just cut the the wires a few inches before their connections to the wires in the unit, that way if the wires in the unit are different than the ones on the blower motor you will still have a section of the old blower motor wire as a reference.

Easy stuff. ;)

Now if your unit has circuit boards in it, then you have to see if any of the wires go to powering on the blower motor.

Also we're talking package unit here, not a split system, right??

Comment

Don't be afraid of the wires, three of them are going to be the ones that power it, most likely the motor is 220v. So you will have two powers and a ground. Two wires will have a connector that connects the two, those wire is for the direction that the motor spins, then there will be two brown wires that go to the capacitor.

The good thing is a replacement motor will have the same colored wires as the one you took out so just match the wires back up and your in business. Also I usually just cut the the wires a few inches before their connections to the wires in the unit, that way if the wires in the unit are different than the ones on the blower motor you will still have a section of the old blower motor wire as a reference.

Easy stuff. ;)

Now if your unit has circuit boards in it, then you have to see if any of the wires go to powering on the blower motor.

Also we're talking package unit here, not a split system, right??
                    Yes on the circuit boards. Split system?
                    STUGOTS

Comment

the only building a/c I had to work on was the showroom , a shot of r22 and blow out the condenser was it
                      one year it would only work if ran water over the condenser for 8 hours

Comment

This who I used, very helpful and when I did the repairs myself they said they would send someone out to check it if I wanted to, it all worked and I didn't need their help. I have had them out to fix stuff when I'm working on location and my wife has had a problem and I'm not there to fix it, very honest.

Home Office
                        Circulating Air, Inc.
                        7337 Varna Ave.
                        North Hollywood, CA 91605

Los Angeles Area Phone

(818) 764-0530
                        (323) 875-1026

Los Angeles Area Fax

(818) 982-2571

Comment

Yes on the circuit boards. Split system?
                          Split system is a type of unit. It will have a condenser/compressor that is usually outside somewhere and the cooling coil and air handler will be separate usually inside the house somewhere. Where as a Package unit will sit up on the roof and have the air handler and the compressor/condenser all in one package.

Comment

Working...
                          X