Yep, looks like some of us are about to enter Suckville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yep, looks like some of us are about to enter Suckville

I rode out hurricane Charlie in Port Charlotte, Fl. An experince I'll never want to experience again. And PW's right about the ice. It's almost 300 miles to the Ga. border, which is the first place we found that had ice after we could finally get out.
    "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

gas/batteries/ice (in freezer in case of no power)
      gas for grill.. so you can cook. candles,,
      beer wiskey etc
      cordless drill/etc batteries charged,, chainsaw at the read, back hoe fueled..
      digital camera batteries charges..
      first aid kit.. check to see if the bandaids are still there..
      food,, water, soda/
      a non wireless home phone.. as they(the wireless type) are useless if no power, but the old ma bell phone will work.. ;D
      cell phone charged..

milk/bread and eggs..
      as the fools will buy it all. and well go food shopping today or tomoorow as the mob will hit the food stores thursday night or friday..
      and be raping the store..
      we allready have an order on stand by for dry ice for all the cape and lower southshore stores,,
      and they shipped 3 pallets of batteries to the cape area stores..

Comment

yesterday a 94, today a 96, this evening a poisonous catalyst smell to the unrelenting air mass..and tomorrow the hot sun logo you see in arizona forecasts:

calling for 97..index 100. ???

if this storm does not hit.. it is going to be darn close. (I am in bangor maine- this same place hits 20s below zero)

These storms happen all the time, for some given years.. this year the temps are a strange unique altering my think. :
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
          I hope that bastard stays off the coast of Mass!

I'm only about 15 miles inland of the ocean so if it comes inward a little, we'll be right in the wheel house of it.

Brian
          YOu could be the local hero pulling people's cars out of flooded streets with Goliath, or you could charge money for it. ;D
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
            Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
            I hope that bastard stays off the coast of Mass!

I'm only about 15 miles inland of the ocean so if it comes inward a little, we'll be right in the wheel house of it.

Brian
            YOu could be the local hero pulling people's cars out of flooded streets with Goliath, or you could charge money for it. ;D
            And he'd know exactly how deep the water was as he looked through the floor at it ;D
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I'll be in Wyoming county in PA...should miss it all.
              Tom
              Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Never been through a hurricane, but a buddy of mine lost power for 28 days in the icestorm 3 years ago (we were out for 2 days, different electric company), he had 300 head of cows to keep water to. He wore out 3 generators trying to keep power to the automatic waterers and wells. they ran day and night. Plus they were on a timer for his tractors to kick on at 5 AM so they would start at 6:15, he could tell when a generator would die in his sleep, he slept an average of 3 hours a day for those 4 weeks. Gotta love farming.......

Comment

I am (was) supposed to be leaving for Hatteras on Thursday Girrrr. My wifes best freind lives in Buxton. All I can say is that Earl needs to take a right and go for England so I can get some R/R. Just in case I tuned both saws and the gen set.

Steve
                  Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

Originally posted by rightpedal
                    I am (was) supposed to be leaving for Hatteras on Thursday Girrrr. My wifes best freind lives in Buxton. All I can say is that Earl needs to take a right and go for England so I can get some R/R. Just in case I tuned both saws and the gen set.

Steve
                    Mandatory evacuations have been issued for tourists visiting the Ocracoke and Hatteras Island areas of North Carolina, and a hurricane watch has been issued for the Hampon Roads area. Yay... :

Comment

Gas up every gas can you have, and top off every vehicle you have.

The only comparison I have is the rolling black out a few years back.

Gas and Ice.

Lots of tuna fish and spam, peanut butter and jelly, or honey or fluff - as long as the bread holds out.

CHAIN AND LOCK YOUR GENERATOR - people WILL steal them at night - they are easy to hear running... you'll wake up when it gets quiet - go out and look - and it's GONE! And the stores won't have any to buy.

It pays to be a good boyscout at times like these. (Be Prepared)

Candles, matches, batteries, full propane tanks, etc....

at least it's not winter and you don't have to worry about pipes freezing, or you freezing!

We'll keep praying for all you East Coasters.
                      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I lived through a few hurricanes when I lived in Florida. Everything becomes scarce, gas, food, ice....
                        I was pretty lucky and had cool neighbours, we pooled all our stuff together and grilled out in the street and drank warm beer. We cleared our own street and gave each other all our stuff back....mail boxes, patio furnature, ect.
                        After the 3rd one in 4 weeks we had it down.
                        Originally posted by TC
                        also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Scott, will you be "ProFueling" at Epping with IHRA?

Yes, that was a blatant hijack.
                          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Well I wanted to go with Bill Evans, but our NHRA schedule is going keep me from doing that...
                            I just got back from Maryland though. You should go, those IHRA races are fun.
                            Originally posted by TC

Comment

I'm announcing the race!
                              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Damn, now I really want to go...I think I'll be in Alanta then though.
                                Originally posted by TC

Comment

Working...
                                X