Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Duesenberg Drag Race! This friday!

Originally posted by White Monster
    Joel, your '29 J is simply breathtaking .... beauty and performance in one package.
    Can't wait for pics and video of this cool event.
    ;D
    *infinity!

It's close enough that I could make it - but my schedule will not allow - I'm going to share your post with my Brother who lives in Fishers - maybe he could get his sons there - they would love it!
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
      Joel, your '29 J is simply breathtaking .... beauty and performance in one package.
      Can't wait for pics and video of this cool event.
      ;D
      Thanks!
      The event was unbelievable, awsome, I can't describe it. 71 Duesenbergs, a world record gathering. Racing on the airstrip!

I don't have time to type much right now, I'll do more later. I got some video up on youtube. 'm sure others will be posting some also. Bye for now, Joel

A drag race between 2 Model J Duesenberg Model J's at the Ab Jenkins Memorial Duesenberg Festival of Speed

The car that I run against in this video that you can't see, but you can hear, is Clark Gables magnificent Bohman and Schwartz supercharged Convertible coupe...

This is from the 2010 Ab Jenkins Memorial Duesenberg Festival of Speed. A world record gathering of 71 Duesenbergs, including 45 that raced down the 1/4 at t...

Comment

Joel.... looks like ya spanked some J model ass....... Did they class the SJ's seperately??

K

Comment

Fantastic !!!
          Thanks for sharing with us.
          ;D

Comment

Badass!! You guys rule for running those cars the way they were meant to and having fun. By the way Joel, your car sounds awesome.
            I R Bob
            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

That some double clutching in the third video? ;D Quite a bit different than the GTX! What was your top speed?
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I had it floored in 3rd till about 70 mph. At just over 70, my right front tire would start bouncing hard, and I would have to back off to about 55 to make it stop. I was hitting 70 at about the 1000'. They had a timer set up to display the 1/4 mile E.T.'s, but the driver could not see it from the track, and they did not hand out timeslips. I think maybe they have a list or something. I did see that maroon Murphy convertible coupe run a low 17 second pass. I suppose I was running 19's, since I was letting off. I only was revving to about 3500 or so, don't want to break an 81 year old aluminum connecting rod. Some of the cars have engines that are rebuilt with good steel rods, I think those guys were reving a little higher. I didn't see any of the blown cars really rev high enuff to start making some decent boost, either. But keep in mind, most of these cars rarely get driven, so the owners don't know their limits, and don't want to push too hard and break something.
                I don't think it would be too hard to get one of these cars into the 15's with a little bit of effort and testing.

Comment

Thanks again for sharing.
                  Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

This reeks of awesomeness, some of the coolest videos I've seen in a while, you are awersome
                    Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

15s with some good rods on a good day. AWESOME!

Comment

Yee-haw !!
                        Watched again this morning ... man, those cars are gorgeous !!
                        ;D

Comment

19s in a Duesenberg or 19s in a Civic.......We'll go with the first one. Awesome!
                          Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

Thanks Joel - made me smile wide even though I am at work man !!!
                            Phil / Omaha

Comment

I found a really good video at a news channel: http://www.fwnews.tv/index.php?optio...id=3&video=732

Does anyone know how to capture this before they take it offline?

Comment

Working...
                              X