Gator hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gator hunting

Couple of links from a buddy of mine.First one shows me that Cajuns are crazy and the second is copy and paste from buddy of mine describing his Uncle ;D

Some good eating though!!!! ......I told this story before, but it's too good to pass up ...My Uncle John, god rest his soul, hunted gators every year. I don't know how it is now. But back then you used to have to go to a class before the season started and they issued each hunter so many tags. Each one of those tags were for a gator. That was your allotment of gators you could kill for the season. So my uncle used to scout his area's pretty good and try to catch the biggest gators he could find. So he could maximize his profits....Sounds like a good plan so far doesn't it.... One day he had a pretty good haul of gators maybe 4 to 5. A couple were real nice one in the 10 to 11 ft range or so. So it was time for him to come to shore from the camp and bring in his haul. My uncle's boat wasn't very big, about 16 ft long, and certainly wasn't very new....But like any good Cajun he was proud of his boat and even named it "Allon", which means "let's go" in French. So Uncle John loaded his gators in the boat and since that big one was so big he had to lay him right thru the middle of the boat, half on the front deck . Now to get to the landing he had to go thru the intercoastal waterway which has a lot of tug boat and barge traffic and the waters can get pretty choppy. And with all those gators loaded into Allon along with my uncle the boat was riding pretty low in the water. .....So off he went down the Bayou towards the boat launch...He couldn't go very fast for fear of sinking Allon along with his gators, so he just putted along. When he got close to the intercoastal he began to worry about all the boat traffic. So he got an idea, he decided to put life vests on those gators just in case the boat capsized, he wasn't worried about himself but he knew them gators would have just went to the bottom if Allon went down....So off he went down the Intercoastal waterway, putting along in Allon with a boat full of gators with life jackets on. While slowly going down the intercoastal he came across one of those swamp tour boats loaded with tourists. My Uncle John just kept putting along in Allon and passed right next to that swamp tour boat. He gave them a friendly wave with his boat full of gators with life jackets and just kept on going...... He said the looks on the faces of the folks in the swamp tour boat was priceless.

Re: Gator hunting

He was running a tour boat for the gators to see peoples........

Swamp People on History Channel was a good show -

Phil / Omaha

Comment

I watched about 15 minutes of Swamp People, but got sick of the killing real quick.
      Kill, kill, kill ...... not me really, at all.
      :P

Comment

That Troy sure had a heavy accent - had to pay attention to hear what he was saying -

"We got a tree shaker - we got a tree shaker" !!!!
        Phil / Omaha

Comment

I've got a few friends in that area, and they are heavy into gator hunting, they sell the skins and eat the meat, were all supposed to meet up at a huge gator festival down here in a couple of weeks
          Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

gator tour for the people.
            lol.

I got caught up in several episodes of just being me living in the woods.

I was out to shoot a giant raccoon, thought i saw a black bear, and shot at it. I was 15, and did not even know what was legal.

so I strained and yanked up onto the roof racks of my suzuki 125 four wheeler my big kill, I swear to (?) it weighed 75 pounds.... a large furry black ball of lard, could swear I got a black bear.

Got home to showed my neighbor, genius of the wilderness... it was a giant porcupine with no quills and "the oldest largest one" he had ever seen.

I thought it was diseased, no matter what the animal was...that is how I got away with it.

Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
            X