X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hey y'all

Originally posted by 116ciHemi
    Originally posted by nesabo
    Glad things are going well for you Walt. You will find more interesting things to do then computer games soon. Motorcycles in the UP are only good for what, 2, 3 monthsweeks?
    Fixed.

As to the girls thing, you have never heard of the Michigan Tech Ratio? 4:1 guys to girls. Actually, there is the one girl who hangs out with me and we go out to the beach and stuff together, but it's more of a hang out and get off campus thing than a dating/romantic relationship thing.
    What are you complaining about?? I have no A/C and Michigan Tech has a better ratio than Ely! :D :'( :'( ;D
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351
      Walt - get into the rec center for a work out regularly - or go for runs until the weather gets really bad.

check out the Theta Tau engineering fraternity, check out some other campus activities, try a few things out and if they're not your thing - move on.
      X2

Walt I went to NC State pledged Theta Tau the spring of my sophomore year, but I started hang out there my fist week on Campus. When I went to College I said I would never join a Fraternity.....

I don't know about Michigan Tech but at State there is a club for everything I am still finding out about clubs on campus that I had never heard of while I was in school. Take some time to read the posting on bulletin boards, you will learn a lot that is going on and a lot of stuff offers free food!

I now pay to go to a gym and drive 15 mins to get there, went maybe 10 times to work out in four year to the one on campus that was free and I could walk to. Some of the things I did while in college: walked on to the Varsity Rifle team (there are all kinds of benefits to being a student athlete), Went to a church youth group (home cooked meal every wed.) Took ballroom dance lessions (they had all kinds of other classes / lessons that you could just show up for), Member of the Collegate FFA, Brother of Theta Tau Rho Chapter, went to some of the Resident Hall activities (go ice skating / bowling for free) If you ever thought of being a RA that's the best way to get in, I applied but was turned down I found out later if I had done a face to face with the RD I could have gotten the job, just sending in the application does not get it. There was a movie theater on campus that I never went to. I pay a bunch of money to go football games that I did not go to when I could get free tickets. I sure there is a ton more stuff. I don't think you will have a problem with this but I also partied to hard, I recommend parting but not to hard ;D I have been out in the real world for 7 years now, I know some stuff has changed and you are at a diffrent school but if you are bored I be willing to bet you are not looking hard enough.

Oh by the way great to hear from you!
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
      1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
      ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
        It usually hurts less to fall off the girl. :D
        Yeah, but it hurts a lot more to fall for one.
        Busted down to regular Bangshifter

Comment

Nice work Russel!

H&T! PiBeta '94
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Well, so far I am -8 into the freshman fifteen. I suppose getting up at 5:30 and running every morning might have something to do with that, as well as switching from normal foods to mostly salads. Who ever heard of going to college and developing healthy living habits? I went for a 5 k run last night because I felt like it. I currently have a 17 credit hour load, plus USAF PT that I will be able to count as another full credit next semester. As far as frats go, the AFROTC will provide pretty much the same thing depending on my level of involvement.

Comment

Walt

Theta Tau isn't really a "frat" per se.

It's a professional engineering fraternity, sure there are "frat parties" occasionally - but it's more of a learning experience - getting to know other students in similar curriculums - what teachers are best, what classes you may not want to take in the same semester, study groups, tutoring, etc.

Comment

UP?

Why aren't you fishin, Walt?

Ron
                It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell
                  X2

Walt I went to NC State pledged Theta Tau the spring of my sophomore year, but I started hang out there my fist week on Campus. When I went to College I said I would never join a Fraternity.....

I don't know about Michigan Tech but at State there is a club for everything I am still finding out about clubs on campus that I had never heard of while I was in school. Take some time to read the posting on bulletin boards, you will learn a lot that is going on and a lot of stuff offers free food!

I now pay to go to a gym and drive 15 mins to get there, went maybe 10 times to work out in four year to the one on campus that was free and I could walk to. Some of the things I did while in college: walked on to the Varsity Rifle team (there are all kinds of benefits to being a student athlete), Went to a church youth group (home cooked meal every wed.) Took ballroom dance lessions (they had all kinds of other classes / lessons that you could just show up for), Member of the Collegate FFA, Brother of Theta Tau Rho Chapter, went to some of the Resident Hall activities (go ice skating / bowling for free) If you ever thought of being a RA that's the best way to get in, I applied but was turned down I found out later if I had done a face to face with the RD I could have gotten the job, just sending in the application does not get it. There was a movie theater on campus that I never went to. I pay a bunch of money to go football games that I did not go to when I could get free tickets. I sure there is a ton more stuff. I don't think you will have a problem with this but I also partied to hard, I recommend parting but not to hard ;D I have been out in the real world for 7 years now, I know some stuff has changed and you are at a diffrent school but if you are bored I be willing to bet you are not looking hard enough.

Oh by the way great to hear from you!
                  What is your major again? Engineering? If it is, you won't have time for most of this stuff- I didn't. Good luck in your studies! Focus and study hard.

Comment

^^^ was that for me? I have a BS in Civil Engineering. I graduated in 8 semesters (I did transfer in 6 hours). I am a P.E.

Walt, you could also take a lesson from my wife she took quite a few classes on-line from some of the comunity colleges and transferred them in while she was at State. Can you say on-line Physical Education, I am dieing if I am lying! I would have taken advantage of the CC had I known you could.
                    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                    1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                    ​​​​​​

Comment

I took a few classes in the evening at KZOO community college - saved a boat load of money and they transferred right in - in several cases - the instructors at the CC were more student friendly and were actually better at TEACHING - not there just for research to work on their doctorate. :

Comment

[quote=milner351 ]
                        Michigan Tech - Men are Men and Sheep are scared! :o ;D

Why do shepards wear robes?? Because the sound of a zipper sends sheep into a stampeed. ;D ;D ;D

Good luck Walt. Get in with the motorcycle guys or find some car guys. And for Petes sake, look out for those girls looking for a mrs degree. Enjoy college, life is short.
                        OH YEAH
                        Long haul 07. 08. 10, 11, and 13. Looking forward to 2014

Comment

Hell yeah Walt, stop by if you are bored. There is ALWAYS something fun to do here. If nothing else we can sit around a roaring fire and tell war stories about beating on the poor hapless vehicles we own. Houghton is only a couple hours away, and its a fun drive. I have a comfy room that the dogs dont have access to, and a shop just brimming with projects. Lots of movies here too, and other things to do. Because I had to have stuff to do on deployments when we had no planes to work. Besides man, I need some company around here. Come on down, you can learn to weld rusty sheetmetal and build transmissions...

Hey, you can help me put up the new sign! Its gonna say RUST HAVEN It will rock!

Comment

I have no advice to give Walt...never went to school....when you get your commision, let me know..I will have tons of advice for you LOL!..Now that I think about it...you may be ready for OTS by the time I am prepping to retire.....

Keep plugging along, keep your head up and stay busy, time will fly....Good luck!!
                            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by Russell
                              ^^^ was that for me? I have a BS in Civil Engineering. I graduated in 8 semesters (I did transfer in 6 hours). I am a P.E.
                              Actually, it was meant for Walt, sorry.

I have a BSME (I graduated in 8+ years ;D ), about to graduate with my Masters in Mechanical Engineering in December (15 + years after my BS), and am considering a Phd, but I think that it might make me unemployable. I am also a PE...

I didn't have time for squat when I was/ am in college- but then again, I have always worked 40 hours a week while going to school. I wish that I had taken college seriously when I started out of high school- then I wouldn't have to do things the hard way.

Hang in there Walt!

Comment

Holy crap.... This is totally gonna sound like Eagle, but I just met a girl who likes Fords, knows her way around a wrench, and likes cars and racing. And she is just down the hall.......

Anyone want to bet that she turns out to be a furry?

Comment

Working...
                                X