Hey y'all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey y'all

Been up here a week and a half. I don't miss home, but this dorm room is as close to hell as I ever want to get. I am on the third floor of a building with no AC and the temps have been consistent 90s. It's a half mile walk up a serious hill to get to my car, but there are some great roads up here to wring the Focus out on over the weekends. The worst part about this for me is the boredom though. After a day of classes and studying, the only real recreational thing to do is to play computer games, which get's mind numbing after about an hour. There is a motorcycle club up here with a garage, so I might poke around and see if I can find an old Honda to wrench on just to keep me occupied on the weekends. Anyway, classes are going well, and I think things will work out OK.

Re: Hey y'all

The idle mind.....
    Originally posted by TC
    also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Good deal Walt!

Glad to hear classes are going well. Join up with those bike guys and makes some life-long pals. I fellin with the rogues in the motorsports club and they all remain my closest friends.

Brian
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Congrat's too....I'm sorry, I was caught between 3 emails and facebook...Keep busy was what I was trying to say>
        Originally posted by TC
        also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Dorm life=barracks life= I feel for ya. Do whatever you need to so you can get some fresh air and exercise.
          Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

I'd recommend a 1976 CB550 Honda..... Fun and dirt cheap.... ( wickedly reliable) extreamly well supported on the web...

Finding a bike with a following should be fairly important as it will increase the fun factor...

Watch out for them little girls... they tend to prey on lonely young men....

Hmmmm ( you can let them chase you till you catch one now and again )

Comment

Good to hear Walt, and definitely find something for the weekends....girls, motorcycles ... they'll both drive you crazy and leave you broke!
              Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

It usually hurts less to fall off the girl. :D

Comment

Not the girLs you date!!!

Comment

Glad things are going well for you Walt. You will find more interesting things to do then computer games soon. Motorcycles in the UP are only good for what, 2, 3 months?
                    Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

How DARE you sir! :D

Comment

Originally posted by nesabo
                        Glad things are going well for you Walt. You will find more interesting things to do then computer games soon. Motorcycles in the UP are only good for what, 2, 3 monthsweeks?
                        Fixed.

As to the girls thing, you have never heard of the Michigan Tech Ratio? 4:1 guys to girls. Actually, there is the one girl who hangs out with me and we go out to the beach and stuff together, but it's more of a hang out and get off campus thing than a dating/romantic relationship thing.

Comment

No worries man, find your sweet spot and enjoy it.

You are embarking on an AWESOME multi-year journey. Enjoy every day.

Brian

Comment

No A/C ? WTF is up with that.
                            Go visit Uncle Todd on the weekends - you could learn a trick or twenty five from him I bet welding and a wrenchin.
                            Check out the hockey games Walt - good fun - that'll keep you busy once in awhile.

Phil / Omaha

Comment

Michigan Tech - Men are Men and Sheep are scared! :o ;D

Walt - get into the rec center for a work out regularly - or go for runs until the weather gets really bad.

Go see Todd if he's not too far away - check out the motorcycle club - check out the Theta Tau engineering fraternity, check out some other campus activities, try a few things out and if they're not your thing - move on.

Enjoy my friend - get the class work done first - then ENJOY!
                              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
                              X