Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why would you want to "show" a newer car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why would you want to "show" a newer car?

I am 100% behind the 83 wagon.... and I want Pictures..... come on.... let's see this thing..... ( I've wanted to build a 2 door G body for years.... )

K

Comment

Originally posted by IRONHEAD
      if there is one new camaro.. and 25 68 camaro.. what ones the boar? after the 9th first gen .. I'd be sick of looking at them. unless I owned one and was restoring/building one..
      I have a few chevelles.. but when at a show with 30 of them in a line.. it's bla...
      You've got a point there. The tag line for some big car shows should be "Hundreds of SBC's will be there! Join the hat pool to see how many it takes to screw in this lightbulb!"

Seriously. It's at a point where my Mazda station wagon has more right to be at these shows. If it was allowed into a show, it would be the the only car there without a 350!

Comment

[/quote]

You've got a point there. The tag line for some big car shows should be "Hundreds of SBC's will be there! Join the hat pool to see how many it takes to screw in this lightbulb!"

Seriously. It's at a point where my Mazda station wagon has more right to be at these shows. If it was allowed into a show, it would be the the only car there without a 350!
        [/quote]

Hold that thought. Soon our grandchildren will be feeding their flux capacitors bannana peels and be complaining how commonplace LS-whatevers are at car shows. Flatheads are cool again. So will be the lowly SBC.

Comment

Originally posted by RealSteelFreak
          i think it's funny really..
          alot of older cars are junk.. the fit sucked from day one.. that paint sucked, the interiors a joke..
          and everyobody restores them with fit and finish of a NEW CAR.. alot with NEW CAR DRIVE TRAINS..
          but no, don't want to see that new car in the show field..
          why.. if there is one new camaro.. and 25 68 camaro.. what ones the boar? after the 9th first gen .. I'd be sick of looking at them. unless I owned one and was restoring/building one..
          I have a few chevelles.. but when at a show with 30 of them in a line.. it's bla...
          and as far as the new gto do any of the car snobs remember the winged ones, and mopar having to almost give them away as left overs cause they didn't move of the lot? anyone..
          now 50k won't get you near one.. g.m's last midsized rear drive coupe with 2 doors sold in America.and pontiacs last 2door coupe with rear drive.. low # and short run..
          when all the bellybutton cars everyone says it looks like are recycled and these stand alone.
          then the gto will get the respect it should've got and the the man that got the car here, to fill a void fast, (what was it a year and ahalf from the day he got to g.m. till the gto model was in media hands..
          and as far as groucho's "the plastic and electronics, they will not be here in 30 years) the 79 t/a is how old.. or mustang 78 camaro all plastic body parts.. the electonic parts will be made just like parts are made for the cars of the muscle cars.. only there will be less models, to make parts for so. they'll make more for those models..
          Just wondering, what year and models are you really talking about as far as interior and paint?
          just about all cars built from 64-74 the paint was so oranged pealed it wasn't funny, the fit of the panels sucked as wel. the interiors are very basic.. door panels are nothing more than covered cardboard.. that didn't fit all that well. rock hard vinle seats hot as hell in summer cold as sh!t in winter. plastic dash parts that if g.m. tried to put in a colbalt , people would cry cheap..
          I got 3 sets of power door ,door panels, factory take offs that none of the switch holes are even close to bing in the same spot..

Comment

350 ? more hp less pay
            ruining the US economy with imports is bad enough without letting asian debris into fun car shows

Comment

Why bring a new car to a car show?, because the old guys like them. I don't know how many times I've had some 60 or 70 year old guy tell me how nice my '99 Camaro is. Remember everyone has different tastes in cars and thus every car is appreciated by someone.

Comment

least favorite car yesterday was the 05 magnum wagon ..V6 ......with old fifties car parts glued to it
                nauseating

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                  least favorite car yesterday was the 05 magnum wagon ..V6 ......with old fifties car parts glued to it
                  nauseating
                  I kinda like it.

Comment

it aint belly button
                    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

violates the pre 72 rule
                      that look around here is pretty tired after 15 years

Comment

I kinda agree with Spidy , its kinda like the guys that took late model T birds and put the 50;s Ford F&R clips on , the first one was well Ok, but after that somebody slap the Hell out of them.

Comment

Originally posted by RealSteelFreak
                          i think it's funny really..
                          alot of older cars are junk.. the fit sucked from day one.. that paint sucked, the interiors a joke..
                          and everyobody restores them with fit and finish of a NEW CAR.. alot with NEW CAR DRIVE TRAINS..
                          but no, don't want to see that new car in the show field..
                          why.. if there is one new camaro.. and 25 68 camaro.. what ones the boar? after the 9th first gen .. I'd be sick of looking at them. unless I owned one and was restoring/building one..
                          and as far as the new gto do any of the car snobs remember the winged ones, and mopar having to almost give them away as left overs cause they didn't move of the lot? anyone..
                          now 50k won't get you near one.. g.m's last midsized rear drive coupe with 2 doors sold in America.and pontiacs last 2door coupe with rear drive.. low # and short run..
                          when all the bellybutton cars everyone says it looks like are recycled and these stand alone.
                          then the gto will get the respect it should've got and the the man that got the car here, to fill a void fast, (what was it a year and ahalf from the day he got to g.m. till the gto model was in media hands..
                          and as far as groucho's "the plastic and electronics, they will not be here in 30 years) the 79 t/a is how old.. or mustang 78 camaro all plastic body parts.. the electonic parts will be made just like parts are made for the cars of the muscle cars.. only there will be less models, to make parts for so. they'll make more for those models..
                          Just wondering, what year and models are you really talking about as far as interior and paint?
                          just about all cars built from 64-74 the paint was so oranged pealed it wasn't funny, the fit of the panels sucked as wel. the interiors are very basic.. door panels are nothing more than covered cardboard.. that didn't fit all that well. rock hard vinle seats hot as hell in summer cold as sh!t in winter. plastic dash parts that if g.m. tried to put in a colbalt , people would cry cheap..
                          I got 3 sets of power door ,door panels, factory take offs that none of the switch holes are even close to bing in the same spot..
                          I need more convincing than that, anybody else have any thoughts on this?
                          I always thought the paint quality wasnt that bad,GM was using lacquer and everyone from A-Z uses fiberboard for everything, really didnt think that period of cars was that bad.
                          But go look at some 80's cars and well thats a different story. I have never seen as much orange peel as what GM and Ford did, and they wouldnt even warranty any of it. Most people was putting wrong oil filters on their cars because they didnt even know what motor GM had put in their Chevy Pontiac Buick or whatever.

Comment

Definitely Fugly........

Comment

Build quality on most 50s-80s cars was pretty bad. I had to fight a mild urge to make the trunk lid fit right on my 55, the factory seams where the top and rear parts of the quarters are welded together are misaligned by 1/16" or so on both sides, so serious cutting/welding would be required to fix it right. I'll let the original bad fit show thru....makes it a more authentic restoration, eh?

I agree with IH, there are a lot of old cars that are rebuilt like they're new cars, I think they lost something in the process.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

As soon as I get some good pics , I will post them. I know what you are saying when you talk about poor paint and interior quality, late 70's and 80's GM paint and plastic wasn't made to last.

Comment

Working...
                                X