Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '66 Chevy Panel Van For Sale

Hi all,

A neighbor has his '66 Chevy Panel Van up for sale, but not knowing much about them, do not know if it is a good deal or not.

The body is super straight, with some minor rust in rain rails (probable repairs in quarter panels too), has an epoxy black primer paint job and a '98 camaro 350 with 700R4 tranny and no interior. He said it runs great and is his daily driver.

He wants $12,500 for it as is. I was thinking it was worth no more than $10K so was thinking of starting the negotiations around $8K.

Whaddya think?
    Should I or Shouldn't I ??
    I will try to get some pictures today ..

Re: '66 Chevy Panel Van For Sale

WAY WAY WAY LESS.... maybe 800 and work your way up to maybe around 3k if it's really nice and you WANT it.... but not a lot more.... Ebay really is a good source to figure out values...

K

Comment

OK, it is not a van. It is a truck panel.
      Everytime I go by to take a picture he is out driving it.

Here is a '66 example (with windows) ...

Here is a '64 example with the panel side:

... does this make a difference ??

I don't see many of them around.

Comment

Suburbans have side windows, panel trucks don't.

Like Keith said, that's a whole lot of money for a panel truck!

I sold my 66 suburban ten years ago for about 4k, with a nice flame paint job, big block, half decent interior, factory ac, et.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Whitemonster

You had me going for a minute. I didn't notice the "example". I was thinking WOW that Suburban looks really nice and might be worth a little more. But since it isn't the actual vehicle, then it is hard to say what it might be worth.

Comment

Primer (not "real" paint...it might be good quality primer, applied over decent body work, but it's still not a $5K+ paint job) and no interior. Way, way less than he's asking.
            Drum or disc brakes? Power or manual brakes and steering? Is the dash hacked up for a radio? How are the gauges and the instrument cluster? Steering wheel and column?
            What has bee done to the suspension? Sway bars, recent rebuild?

If the engine and trans are in GREAT shape, and it's got power brakes and steering, and a new radiator, and the suspension has been gone through, that's $6,000 on the low end (meaning, I'm selling becasue I need money), but about $8,500 on the high end. No paint and interior is a big hit.

-Brad

Comment

I've seen nice ones go for less than 5000.00. I wouldn't want to give much more than 2500.00 for one in primer and no interior.

Comment

Steve... I can feel how bad you want this thing... and honestly if it's not a burden and you want it... well.... there you go...

Just be mindful of how often someone comes along that is going to want it that bad...

Oh and will the super glide fit in the back? could be a key question ya know... what about a scooter with a low windscreen?

Hmmm

K

Comment

Thanks for the assistance all you that responded to my pleas for help.

Yeah Keith, I think the Superglide would fit into the back, but I don't want it bad enough to have everyone tell me I got taken and paid too much. It does have the "cool" factor (to me) though.

I will let the neighbor stew and see what comes out of it. With the economy going the way it seems to be, there will be lots of other opportunities that come out of the woodwork.

Just yesterday, another neighbor put up a For Sale sign on his house, and I know he has a 70's-ish convertable Chevelle or Malibu in the garage under a pile of dust that he may want to sell, rather than move when he sells the house.

And it fits the profile, as my next project will be a truck, wagon or convert ...

Comment

I'm not usually a fan of panels, but that body style is cool. I would cruise that thing.
                    "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Steve I was fairly sure you could stick a scooter back there.... the BMW is out... but your junk would fit super...

Oh and Chad... hmmm "you would cruise it".... ahhhh DUHHHHH I've seen your junk, Muggsie would be a vast improvement.... ( referring to The "other" car not the wagon )

K

Comment

The panel trucks are neat, but 12k for a primered one needing work is a bit much! a friend had a 60 GMC a long time ago, he lowered it the cheap way, put on a tailgate instead of rear doors, and dropped in a 396/muncie, lots of fun!
                        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

'98 camaro's have LS1's.

Comment

Maybe he meant an 89 motor? He said he had only had it a few years and he didn't seem to know a whole lot about it. Said he was selling because he couldn't work on it any more.

The truck still has manual drum brakes too, so I will pass this one up and leave my number with him in the off chance he comes to his senses.

Thanks all for your input ...

Comment

Working...
                            X