Anyone wrenching this weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone wrenching this weekend?

Your family is in my thoughts and prayers, John. I am sorry about the loss of your father.

Comment

Sorry about your pops John. I am working every day. :-\
      Busted down to regular Bangshifter

Comment

Probably no wrenching for me this weekend. Trying to clean and organize the garage to make room for the Buick. The garage is currently a mess of moving boxes and stuff we haven't found room for in the house yet.

Comment

John - no words are sufficient - I'll say prayers for you and your family.

It's saturday 20 to 6pm. So far I've hauled two loads of fire wood in - split and stacked 1.5 of those loads.
          Picked up the 4x4s and concrete for the retaining wall at Carter.
          Moved a set of oak stairs from the carpenters shop to a friend's basement.

Now - I'm on my way to the shop to do front brakes on Rhonda's car, and a friends car.... I might get a few minutes to mess with the throttle / tv bracket on the ranger while Chad is working on his brakes. (no not that Chad).

Have a great labor day weekend.... I forgot - are we supposed to labor on labor day weekend or relax? ???
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351

Have a great labor day weekend.... I forgot - are we supposed to labor on labor day weekend or relax? ???
            Relax and celebrate the opportunities we have in this fantastic section of the planet.
            The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Cleaning the engine compartment and replacing the thermostat, radiator hoses, and coolant in the Cougar. Might even sneak in a junkyard run while I'm at it...

Comment

I just picked up a fully loaded 2000 chevy astro van (i got a screamin deal too good to pass up) but needs all kinds of interior work mostly being the door locking mechanisms and piddly trim realigning and what not, easy time consuming stuff
                Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Dropped off the 55 at Steve's shop, and also "fixed" the prowler window--I tie wrapped it in the "up" position. Now we just need to buy one of these:

or one of these:

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Put some new taller front tires on the Mustang and did a little testing on Friday night...

Spent Saturday putting a new water pump and hoses on the Dodge....only had one leak...Damn you, temperature sender fitting!

Mustang is loaded and ready to leave for Musclepalooza early Sunday morning.
                    Time Wasters...
                    http://public.fotki.com/JoeGrippo/
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_grippo/sets/
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeGrippo?feature=mhum

Comment

Originally posted by Monk
                      I was going to be installing the C spacers on
                      the shoebox but didn't get them picked up.

Next weekend

I'll be getting a full 4" of lift in front
                      Looked for you at Culver's tonight....

I'm working all weekend while my parents and brother attend the Goodguys meet in KC. My yard is a foot tall so that will have to be dealt with before any wrenching. I NEED to get the Malibu ready for what may be its last run down the 1/4 at Gateway forever.
                      GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

John, sorry to hear about your Dad. Losing family is tough, losing a parent is very tough.

Had the radiator out of the Dodge for the umptenth time, finally not leaking. Cleaning and painting parts.
                        Pull-a-part had a super straight grill for my 65, many coats of ugly bad paint, but straight and rust free, also the same truck had a blue block 225 with a 2bbl intake, lots of grime. It will make a nice upgrade to a 2bbl or a real small 4bbl .

Just for non Dodge slant 6 people ,they came in Red-the oldest, Blue, and the last ones were Black.

Comment

Pulled the Pertronic billet distributer out of my FE and replaced it with a Duraspark,MSD combo.
                          Pertronics works fine,I just never warmed to the Billet,so big ugly Blue Stinger cap.I paid for it but it's the good one with Brass terminals,and it's Blue! Just has the look. Yea I'm vane.
                          Anybody need a year old Pertronics,Secound Strike amd Coil! PM Me.

Comment

I don't have anything distributorwise for my 428....

but I'm not a big fan of the HEI coils either.

Got Rhonda's brakes done JUST in time - can you say WAFER THIN? :o

She's got new rotors and pads - hopefully the made in china rotors don't warp instantly.

Chads brakes were even worse - damned near into the backing plate on one pad.

We got done at the shop about 10:30 and I was up with Lee by about 6am...

Looking forward to a day with the little man - we might wash the feces wagon, might run a string to line up the posts for the retaining wall - might even take a ride on the old pontoon.

There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Why not run a HEI module and the stock dizzy with a electonic p/u inside? plenty of changeover info on the net.

Comment

Just put the exhaust on the white Fairlane.

Comment

Working...
                                X